• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Squeaky boot problem

caddis75

I got a pair of Hanwag Alaska GTX boots. They are amazing in every respect but one. They squeak at the tongue when I step forward. I think the leather is rubbing on other leather. Besides new boots, has anyone had this problem and fixed it? I don't mind it, but I bet the deer do.

This is the best stuff I have used, it’s not cheap but neither are good boots like yours, nothing drives me more crazy than boots that squeak, this is approved by Lowa to use on my Tibet GTX and doesn’t void the warranty.EAB9EBC4-F748-4F45-9647-8BA6091DD012.jpeg

with boots that expensive, only treat with a leather conditioner they endorse that will not void their warranty

for example, lowa (boots I have) void your warranty if you use any boot dressing with solvents that dissolve the glue along the sole, and petroleum containing boot dressing do ruin some boots (environmental concerns means that boot makers now all use subpar glue, which matches with the fact that more boots are having soles come off these days.....this was almost unheard of 10 or more years ago....it just isn't the made in china thing.....maybe this is the tethrd one stick's problem also?)

having said that, i would first treat them using what the maker advocates, be sure to treat every part under the lacings that face towards the foot, etc, etc

next, if that doesn't work, then consider how i fixed a pair of muck neoprene lace ups

you couldn't treat those because they are neoprene

i made a patch out of stealth strips and covered the whole tongue, problem solved instantly

WD-40… Unscented of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back