• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Squeaky platform in the rain

Jimmy Wallhanger

Hunting the other night in the rain. Had my neoprene boots on and they were noisy.

Have two ideas. First is stealth strips the second is skateboard grip tape....

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

3M grip tape. I just cut up a 3M safety step with sticky back ($7 at Low's) Stealth strip will not hold up

The grip tape wears off too......mcmaster carr had 1''x60ft roll of grip tape for 10-12 dollars. I just keep reapplying the tape as needed

Done!
dde3b54481fab31a93ace52afd7ac902.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

i cover all my platforms in carpet. Never an issue with noise, great traction, and its cheap. You can use any spare carpet you have lying around or I found 12"x12" carpet squares at walmart, 12 in a box for $12.

I had a couple of hang on stands that I had issues with, one was really slick and the other was really loud and amplified every move I made on it (squeaky rubber boots) . So on one, I used some Rustoleum piss-can "truck bed liner" and the other I used Rustoleum piss-can " automotive undercoating". They both improved the grip and helped with the noise. The bed liner spray held up the best over the years with all the banging it around and transporting.....just an option to think about.

Back