• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stacked Outdoor sticks

I have them and I like them. They stack very well and are secure on the tree. However you cannot modify them at all as far as I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have them and I like them. They stack very well and are secure on the tree. However you cannot modify them at all as far as I know

If you’re brave you could drill holes in them to shave weight. If you understand where the load is, it wouldn’t be too risky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I’m happy with them how they are

I used them this last season. Stack very tight, a little heavy. I used them on a special draw hunt where you only get 4 hours to scout and setup your hunting spot for the next day. I carried them about 4 miles looking for that special location and ended up putting the sticks in a tree that was a half mile from where I started. Those sticks weighed a ton after that hike. The steps are wide and stand off the tree to give plenty of foot room. Easy to install on the tree. I even installed a cam cleat on one and used some for one sticking thinking it would double as a platform at hunting height. I couldn’t ever get them to lock solid on the rough bark oaks I typically hunt and the plastic would make a small squeaking noise if I shifted too much. The movement is very slight and nothing you will feel, but just enough to make a squeak. If you hunt smooth bark trees to where the standoffs would make solid contact with the tree on all four corners, it probably would be quiet. I like the sticks and will use them for setting up trees in the future, but probably not use it as a platform if hunting rough bark trees.

I used them all last season. Adapted to the balance issue I was having with them strapped to pack and was overall happy with them. I will be using them again this year, although I do plan on having another brand to try out as well. Cant beat the solid and substantial feel of the stacked outdoor steps under your feet. Not the lightest or the prettiest but worked for me and felt very safe. Best of luck.

I think they really don’t get the respect they deserve because they’re plastic and big. I’ll make a video about them tomorrow, I’m very glad i picked stacked outdoors first and one stick with it.

Gonna have to delay my video stuff came up lmao but i will continue to champion them as the supreme budget option for saddle hunting

9a97af76126100f5e9a0740572b932c2.jpg

How i wear my stick while walking, strap around my waist. Holds it tight and out of the way, not uncomfortable.

And if you’re a sitter, you can put your feet on the bottom and rest your knees on the top step (i added foam, no kneepads required). This is how i stow them in a pack if I’m wearing one
a079dd69c8cb1e24f5b6e8e451b55658.jpg

I wear mine around my waist like that. That is a good idea with the pad for your knees

Back