• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stealth Strips Anything Better?

PAridge_runner

Are these the best thing on the market 4 sticks and stuff? Watched LWCG talk about rubber or silicone based stuff that doesn't hold moisture or scent. Don't recall him saying the name of it. Just startin out and gotta get some stuff silenced up. Thnx guys!

Basically it's camo colored Kerlix...which having said that may not help if you don't know what Kerlix is...

Yes, that is an example. I'd avoid the Amazon products as their adhesive can be inconsistent. (Nice way of saying some of the stuff sold on Amazon is crap.) The vet (veterinarian) wrap from Tractor Supply is much better quality.

So are guys preferring this over the Stealth strips or is the just cheaper?

I prefer it to Stealth Strips for applications where I want/need to reapply or remove it. (The adhesive on Stealth Strips can, indeed, be too good of an adhesive. Trying to remove it is a PITA.) Removing, reapplying vet wraps is far easier.

Stealth strips are the best option I've found. If you order direct from them, they'll ship quickly, Lou will answer any questions, and they're giving away some trail camera stuff this month.

I've used camo wrap and it was tacky after a year so I replaced with stealth strips. They're cut to size too. I left some sticks out for a season and they got a little sunfaded, but that's it.

U guys r awesome, anyone try the Gear Aid stuff? And with stealth strips r u doin the whole stick or just where it may make contact while stacked?

Did u take off and leave off or put new on? U still use it or switch?
I took it off because it was coming off at the edges and generally was getting shabby. It was quite the affair and that price of gear is still sticky.

No saying ill never use it ever again, but it definitely is something to consider for me. Everything wears/breaks. If it can't be fixed easily that's a con for me

I took it off because it was coming off at the edges and generally was getting shabby. It was quite the affair and that price of gear is still sticky.

No saying ill never use it ever again, but it definitely is something to consider for me. Everything wears/breaks. If it can't be fixed easily that's a con for me
Maybe I'll try the non sticky stuff and apply new more often, but I definitely want something to help w accidental noises.

So are guys preferring this over the Stealth strips or is the just cheaper?
I prefer the price, but I've never sprang for the stealth strips.

Also I've never used the amazon product so it may or may not be crap. The vet wrap from EWO is what I've used and it works pretty well

It does not get enough mention here - even though I did mention it above - but the non-adhesive shrink wrap is great. It requires a heat gun to apply, and is typically more expensive than vet wrap or stealth strips, but works really well.

Another product I've used with mixed results is plasti-dip. I say "good" results because it was an absolute PITA to apply at the correct thickness, worked "great" for sound-deadening, and starts to peel off on high wear spots (climbing steps).

Anyone ever have to take strips off they must leave a hell of a residue?

i've stealth stripped a lot of stuff like part of bow, bow holder, parts of my pack, even the tongue of some noisy boots

once you peel it off, the residue is kind of like dried rubber cement, it isn't bad

i reapplied the stealth strips on my bow shelf yesterday and just rubbed with my fingers until the residue balled up and fell off, then i took a q tip and dipped it in alcohol and scrubbed the area and then reapplied

the adhesive they use is magic, super sticky, doesn't mar finish, doesn't want to come off, but you can completely clean it off pretty easily

it's like the adhesive knows your thoughts and desires

Lou is a great man and stealths strips have done a ton to silence my gear. I have it on my lwcg doubles and some stands.

That being said- the lwcg is a superior product though it has and odor and cost 7-8xs as much. I use it for contact points on stands and gear.

Also use low expansion insulation spray foam in any hollow tubes if you have climbers, ladders etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back