• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stealth strips vs regular elastic vet tape

Outdoorsman33

Looking to make my platform alittle less clunky was looking at the the camo wrap tape which is what I have on it now vs stealth strips. I have a ridge runner and I’d like to cover almost all the metal including the center struts wrapping them with the tape seemed easy. Using stealth strips to do the same how hard would it be to get it to stick and stay on (pretty rough with my platform)and is it worth the money?

It’s worth it. This is my first year using stealth strips and I should have bought them a long time ago. When you order get an extra roll or two because you will realize how much stuff makes noise that you want to silent

Looking to make my platform alittle less clunky was looking at the the camo wrap tape which is what I have on it now vs stealth strips. I have a ridge runner and I’d like to cover almost all the metal including the center struts wrapping them with the tape seemed easy. Using stealth strips to do the same how hard would it be to get it to stick and stay on (pretty rough with my platform)and is it worth the money?
Stealth strips stick very well as long as hou are not stepping directly on an edge of the strip for an extended period of time the tape edge may roll. I use stealth strips on my arrow rest, outlasts other options by hundreds of shots. I have my one stick and my madrock safeguard stealth stripped. The strips hold up well on everything I have tried

I’ve seen people use them on sticks plenty but I was curious why I haven’t seen people use them on platforms. Or am I just the only one who doesn’t like how loud the ridge runner can be?

Stealth strips stick very well as long as hou are not stepping directly on an edge of the strip for an extended period of time the tape edge may roll. I use stealth strips on my arrow rest, outlasts other options by hundreds of shots. I have my one stick and my madrock safeguard stealth stripped. The strips hold up well on everything I have tried
Got any pics?

I have vet wrap on my Ridge Runner. It is so easy and cheap to replace. And it works great for quieting the sound. I think there are applications that call for Stealth strips, but this isn’t one of them.

Back