• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stick Camo Job

rakkasan133

Utilized the G2 sponge method today on my modded Helium sticks and Muddy Aerolites. I went back after the pics and put in some grey.

I think they turned out great!
817e9cd6dc8773e6bb8861bb04693033.jpg
e055d0ff6c38ef59cc8f907366e6d36a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Utilized the G2 sponge method today on my modded Helium sticks and Muddy Aerolites. I went back after the pics and put in some grey.

I think they turned out great!
817e9cd6dc8773e6bb8861bb04693033.jpg
e055d0ff6c38ef59cc8f907366e6d36a.jpg

How do you like the Muddy Aerolites?

How do you like the Muddy Aerolites?

They are a good product - very quality and well built. However, they are not my go-to for
run and gun. They are not the lightest or easiest to pack (though they do stack well). I typically put them in a tree I know I’m going to hunt when I’m on a week long trip and leave them, then run and gun with the Helium.

I would say I much prefer my Heliums if I had to choose.

Looks awesome - I need to incorporate some of that tan paint! The Heliums base color was a touch more gray than I expected.

Thanks fellas. The tan helped a lot but the kicker was spraying a spot of flat white then the tan right on top of it. Without mixing just dab sponge and highlight places. Get some straight white some tan and some cream. That really set them off.

Nice paint job, random question, what do folks do with climbing sticks for scent control? Does the paint have any scent once dried?

Leave em outside for a week or so and you will be good to go

Second that. Mine smelled like “paint” left em on a tree behind my barn on a heavy used trail with a camera, deer didn’t even pay attention to the sticks, didn’t disrupt their travel pattern at all. Human scent control is the key. Make sure you clean your sticks and attachments after handling, store them in a airtight container. I mist mine with “synthetic” deer scent mixed with distilled water in a spray bottle prior to hitting the woods and don’t touch them with barehands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back