• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stock suspenders or aftermarket?

Publicpounder

So, I have used saddles with the stock elastic suspenders on them and on my personal one I cut them off and added a tool belt set. It's nice while walking thru the woods, but have not tried it hunting yet. What do most other people do?

What saddle? I have pulled my bridge up and behind my head. You can also clip your bridge onto the sternum strap or the front of shoulder straps on a backpack.
Adjustable linesmans belt makes a great suspender as well

Replacement suspenders were a popular mod on the tree saddle. I don't think you can go wrong with a better set of suspenders. The tree saddle never strapped around your waist tight enough to keep it from falling. For comparison the evolution and kestrel have had built in waist belts so there was no need for suspenders.

I kept the suspenders on mine. But I know a lot of guys liked the tool suspenders. I think it comes down to user preference honestly.

Belts work much better.

I cut my elastic ones off the bonce they did while walking in pissed me off and made more noise, tried tool belt suspenders but they didn't adjust well while on and my walk in length was different then where I wanted my hanging length for them. I have ended up slinging the saddle by the bridge over my shoulder until I am at my tree.

I attached Molle shoulder straps directly to the webbing loops of the TL saddle. I attach 5 Lone Wolf sticks to the shoulder straps and webbing loops with 2 webbing straps.
a7c396158153cda333d4d62b9c3bfff6.jpg
b80dbf33427aa91f69ee2532cf6a53f9.jpg
bd5dfe5d68a48cf0dcff71374d461a05.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back