• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Strange sighting

bowhuntr09

SH Member
Wife and I were in the driveway giving the dog a bath. I looked up and see the neighbor girl coming down the street on her bicycle and a full grown doe was running along behind her. I thought for a second it was just a coincidence and they happened to be going the same direction momentarily, but the doe followed her all the way to her house right across the street from me. The girl got off her bike and the doe started walking towards her and then the girl went inside. She wasn't impressed at all that a deer followed her to her home. The deer looked confused when the girl went inside and just wandered off. Some of you guys with E-bikes may be onto something! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

I saw something neat this afternoon, not anywhere cool as yours.
I was driving home and was on an elevated part of the interstate... I looked of to the side at a stand off cypress trees maybe 1/2 mile away and lightning struck and 200+ crows took off scared from the lightning and formed a big ball in the sky, circled around then settled back into the trees. Murder of crows....

The cows will follow the girls around when they're "in heat"! Just saying.... Could be..... Our ponys do the same now that I think of it

My neighbor has cows. One was reaching across the wood post fence for a particular tasty flower. But I guess it reach too far and too close, got head stuck at the lowest 2X4. After a few hard upward ramming, she broke the 2X4 in half pretty clean. This is the same cow that gently licks my kids' hand all the time when we are neared her. It reminded me how strong these creatures are, that I'm glad I never followed my childhood dream of being a matador.

Back