• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Strike plate and arrow rest

Patrick69

Anybody, besides me, ever consider (or use) stealth strips for a strike plate and arrow rest? The thickness seems to be real similar to seal skin, and it’s slick and durable. I haven’t tried it yet, but my longbow’s gonna need a new strike plate soon.

Used seal for a while then switched to velcro but havent tried the stealth strips. Give it a go and and see how works.

Nope. But I do use it inside the limb pockets on my ILF bows and sometimes wrap the front of the handle for some thermal protection.

Anybody, besides me, ever consider (or use) stealth strips for a strike plate and arrow rest? The thickness seems to be real similar to seal skin, and it’s slick and durable. I haven’t tried it yet, but my longbow’s gonna need a new strike plate soon.
It’s what I’ve used for over a year. I think it’s great.

As for the negatives mentioned above, I haven’t seen it. No sign of lifting and it isn’t close to wearing through.

That’s kind of what I was thinking. On my one stick it’s been super tough.

Back