• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Super-Evo, Jacket Bridge & Transformer mod

Red Beard

SH Member
Was going through old photos and videos on my phone tonight and came across a video I made last year explaining modifications I had done to my Evo. You're obviously not Gabe, but the idea may help out others in some way.

Check it out if you've got 5 minutes.

Did the evo turn into the twist? Or did the evo come from the twist? Which did new tribe make first? First time I really saw an evo being used. They actually look pretty sweet. No wonder you didn't want to part with that thing.

Was going through old photos and videos on my phone tonight and came across a video I made last year explaining modifications I had done to my Evo. You're obviously not Gabe, but the idea may help out others in some way.

Ok that is genius! Maybe @Treehopper2 can use this concept for the two panel variation he’s trying to perfect that doesn’t use the D rings. If the panels are ran through a climbing ring on the sides and then made into an attachment for a lower panel bridge, it might fit the bill. @Red Beard I love that you still have an Evo! That’s the one aerohunter saddle I have never tried. I want to find one for my collection! You sir have great taste!

Last edited:
Ok that is genius! Maybe @Treehopper2 can use this concept for the two panel variation he’s trying to perfect that doesn’t use the D rings. If the panels are ran through a climbing ring on the sides and then made into an attachment for a slower panel bridge, it might fit the bill. @Red Beard I love that you still have an Evo! That’s the one aerohunter saddle I have never tried. I want to find one for my collection! You sir have great taste!

I didn't even know about the Evo until I saw his in the Classifieds...
I gotta watch this video!

I'm already thinking about trading one of my Excaliburs without seeing the video. (I hope his daughter can draw a 225lb x-bow) lol

Helo I’m Gabe and I approve this message.

@Red Beard was a big help when I got a an evo and made the modifications/adjustments to mimic this set up. The EVO is truly a wonderful saddle; however, it leaned more toward arborist then mobile which is ultimately why I got rid of mine. Also I bought a size 2 and I probably should have tried a size 1 before giving it up. I need to fabricobble a hybrid diy lightweight version so I may be contacting you for more info soon. The Transformer took some of the PROs of the EVO in its design which was a really nice touch.

Too ba
Helo I’m Gabe and I approve this message.

@Red Beard was a big help when I got a an evo and made the modifications/adjustments to mimic this set up. The EVO is truly a wonderful saddle; however, it leaned more toward arborist then mobile which is ultimately why I got rid of mine. Also I bought a size 2 and I probably should have tried a size 1 before giving it up. I need to fabricobble a hybrid diy lightweight version so I may be contacting you for more info soon. The Transformer took some of the PROs of the EVO in its design which was a really nice touch.
Too bad you don’t still have it especially the size 2, I totally would have paid top dollar for it

Last edited:
If the panels are ran through a climbing ring on the sides and then made into an attachment for a lower panel bridge, it might fit the bill.
Played around with this a lot when I was piddling with it and I found that a second bridge attached only to the outside of the thigh produced a condition where your knees were constantly forced together (very painful). The Evo is a great candidate for this thigh bridge though because it has thigh attachments on either side of each leg.

Modifications can be made to @JCLINE84's Transformer to employ a similar "jacket bridge". I can post them if you're interested.
@Red Beard I love that you still have an Evo! That’s the one aerohunter saddle I have never tried. I want to find one for my collection! You sir have great taste!
Semper EVO!

Ok I’ve been thinking about this a lot today. I have a few questions:

1: does the second bridge negate the need for a thigh loop when you 2TC?

2: do you think 24” for the Amsteel bridge is universal, or would it that vary based on how tall you are? I’ll probably just make a whoopie sling that adjust from like 18” -30” and see where the sweet spot is.

3: let’s see how you can mod the Transformer to get the same benefits

Ok I’ve been thinking about this a lot today. I have a few questions:

1: does the second bridge negate the need for a thigh loop when you 2TC?

2: do you think 24” for the Amsteel bridge is universal, or would it that vary based on how tall you are? I’ll probably just make a whoopie sling that adjust from like 18” -30” and see where the sweet spot is.

3: let’s see how you can mod the Transformer to get the same benefits
Hehee. Right on! Glad y'all are thinking about it because I believe this jacket bridge has potential to be implemented in some way on just about every saddle in the future. Where there's a will and a spark, there's a way. :)

1. It doesn't negate a thigh loop when climbing 2TC. Sidebar (since it's my thread ;))... there seems to be two camps when discussing the 2TC thigh loop. Camp A thinks there's great benefit in using it and camp B thinks it's completely unnecessary. I think both can be effective and it depends on the climber and what they are trying to accomplish. I fall into camp A because I don't use my saddle at all when climbing. It is only there for life support.

2. 24" probably isn't universal. I had to play around with it a bit to get the length of the runner correct. The runner for my Transformer is 28".

3. Need to take some pictures in a bit. Probably going to do a video on it also.

Evo's are so darn cool!!! Thanks, I still have the picture you sent me on this. Haven't done it yet, maybe soon.

Hehee. Right on! Glad y'all are thinking about it because I believe this jacket bridge has potential to be implemented in some way on just about every saddle in the future. Where there's a will and a spark, there's a way. :)

1. It doesn't negate a thigh loop when climbing 2TC. Sidebar (since it's my thread ;))... there seems to be two camps when discussing the 2TC thigh loop. Camp A thinks there's great benefit in using it and camp B thinks it's completely unnecessary. I think both can be effective and it depends on the climber and what they are trying to accomplish. I fall into camp A because I don't use my saddle at all when climbing. It is only there for life support.

2. 24" probably isn't universal. I had to play around with it a bit to get the length of the runner correct. The runner for my Transformer is 28".

3. Need to take some pictures in a bit. Probably going to do a video on it also.

Thanks for the quick follow-up. I’ll definitely make a Whoopie sling to start and probably only use it when I get to hunting height. I’m in the camp that the thigh loop didn’t help me with 2TC, but I know it does for most people. I’m just more efficient climbing without it. I definitely use my saddle as an aid when 2TC.
Look forward to the pics/video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In case you guys didn’t know @Red Beard gives me all my best ideas lol. Seriously though, we had a talk about this mod and I think to really use it I might do a slight redesign and add old school rated lineman loops to the bottom panel. Something simple like the ones on an original kestrel. That would be the safest way to do it. The molle wouldn’t be my first choice for holding me off the ground but he is never taking his bridge out of the carabiner so it will catch him if that molle fails. Using the second molle section would hopefully help in case of a stitch failure as well because the first section would catch. And I wouldn’t just hang from it. More of a lean into it while putting my jacket on. Again make sure you still have your main bridge connected.

Back