• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tactacam reveal x on sale

I have the XB and love it. Recent convert from spy-point. only gripe I have with tactacam is that their iOS app does't have badges, which is silly.

It's killing me to not buy these on this sale but I really wish it was the XB on sale.

Anyone have the XB and the X and can convince me the X is just as good?

I have the XB and love it. Recent convert from spy-point. only gripe I have with tactacam is that their iOS app does't have badges, which is silly.

It's killing me to not buy these on this sale but I really wish it was the XB on sale.

Anyone have the XB and the X and can convince me the X is just as good?
The X is low flash not no flash like the XB. It also does not offer on demand HD video like the XB or built in GPS. I think Campingworld has the XB on sale for $119

https://www.campingworld.com/search?q=Tactacam

WOW - great sale!
haven't heard of or used camping world before, I assume you have?
might buy a few!

WOW - great sale!
haven't heard of or used camping world before, I assume you have?
might buy a few!

Just got this offer from PayPal as well. Makes the deal even better. I took the plunge and ordered two more XB’s.

21BBAA75-B83E-49A2-8BF3-C93FA403430F.png

Last edited:
wow that's fast. I was about to order some but I was a little concerned that they are listed as clearance. I read the policy and it says no returns on clearance. It wasn't clear to me if that means warranty returns as well?

@GreginPA Just to update, I ordered those two XB’s this morning and they have already shipped FedEx with ETA of Sunday. Good experience ordering from them so far.
How much are the monthly plans for each camera? I've not gone down the cell cam hole yet but probably will this year. I've been looking at Exodus and Moutry's new Delta Base System. Their cameras are $99.99 and if you pay up front for a year, you can get the 50 videos and 1000 pics per month at $12.99. I you actually go monthly they tack on an extra $4 per month.

How much are the monthly plans for each camera? I've not gone down the cell cam hole yet but probably will this year. I've been looking at Exodus and Moutry's new Delta Base System. Their cameras are $99.99 and if you pay up front for a year, you can get the 50 videos and 1000 pics per month at $12.99. I you actually go monthly they tack on an extra $4 per month.
The Reveal cams are as low as $5 a month per cam. And then you can pay an extra $5 for up to 50 HD videos or photos. They have really good quality without paying the extra. I have Cuddeback, Browning, Reveal cams out and the Reveals have the best pics.

I think I have the $8 monthly plan. I think it’s 250 or 500 pics but I forget. The pics that come to the phone are okay if you don’t zoom in. They get grainy when you zoom. However, I don’t pay for the HD pics. When I pull the card and download them to my phone they are fantastic quality.

You guys running the Reveal’s would you recommend the X or the XB blackout version?

You guys running the Reveal’s would you recommend the X or the XB blackout version?
I like the XB because you can use either Verizon or AT&T depending on which has the better coverage in your area. It comes with both SIM cards. It also has built in GPS so you always know where your camera is if it grows legs. The X is still a great camera though.

Have you ever swapped the sim on the XB? I only own one and had no trouble with the Verizon sim, so I've never tried the ATT sim. Is there anything you need to do in particular if you want to swap sims after you activated with one sim?

I have a couple of X models and a few of the original tactacams. Both models are great at taking pictures and I've never had a deer spooked in a photo like I've had with standard trail cams. Could be because I put them up higher in the tree than I did with regular cams...
I don't need HD photos or videos as I only use the cams to take stock of what's in the area and in my hunting areas Verizon has it covered so the ability to swap carriers is lost on me. The GPS feature on the XB still wont make me go through the effort to recover a $149 camera so I chose to save myself some cash and run the X model.

Have you ever swapped the sim on the XB? I only own one and had no trouble with the Verizon sim, so I've never tried the ATT sim. Is there anything you need to do in particular if you want to swap sims after you activated with one sim?
I have never swapped. I’m using Verizon on both the ones I have out right now.

Back