• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tactacam

vabwhntr

I was up at the Great American Outdoor Show last week and saw Tactacam up there. I had never seen them but it got me interested. Has anyone tried the 5.0 yet and if so what are your thoughts? I thought it would be great on a bow to see where I hit a deer at after the shot. Are lumenocks going to be required to see the arrow or will the camera see it without a lighted nock? Any input appreciated. I am going to Idaho in September for elk and thought it would be a neat idea to be able to film. I am not interested in filming my hunts for tv or social media.

I just picked one up but plan on using it with the head camera strap instead of bow mounting it

Bow recoil will blur the picture and you won't see where the arrow goes. You'd be better off mounting it like kmleach with a head strap or some other set up.

Check out a guy on YouTube by the name Death By Bungie. He does a full review on this compared to GoPro & other recording equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t have a 5.0 but do have an older model. Works great and always attached to your bow in the stabilizer so nothing extra to carry or lose. I am very happy with the video quality. Plenty good enough for what I need.

Back