• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 10

My first here to. First year in the saddle. Put the crossbow down and back to the bow. Plus hoping to get some hunts in with the kids. Lots of first. But I think it's gonna be fun. Hope the learned curve isn't to hard.

Hi, I'm Matt in S.E. Michigan. 39 Hunting a few private places. Been slowing creeping into some public places. Trying to open my hunting options. Should be good for at least 10 points I hope. 2 does at a minimum. Wife wants more deer meat in the freezer. This is the most excited I have been for the season in a while. Lots of hopes, but there is also lots of reality.

I’m from southwestern pa, also new too saddle hunting but not new to killing deer lol. Currently in the saddle in western Maryland waiting on day light.

Central Kansas here. I hunt mostly public. First hunt of the year!
bcd299d331ecd775ce9b0203ec1bf9c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

I’m from southwestern pa, also new too saddle hunting but not new to killing deer lol. Currently in the saddle in western Maryland waiting on day light.
Oh man I'm jealous. Used to hunt Greenridge every Oct with a few friends. I miss it. Good luck!!

Couldn't do it. Only doe I had in range last night came out with her fawn. Her fawn still had spots on it. Other ones never came in range. It was any weapon, but I wanted to tag one with the bow to see how my heavy arrow set up does.

What's going on everyone. I've been out twice so far in MD. I hunt mainly public but have one little piece of private land I have access to. My first hunt was on a new piece of public and I had 3 come in on me before 5pm as I was changing out of my sweat soaked shirt lol. They hung out for an hour but never gave me a great shot. Went out last night on my private piece. Little spot between a corn field and some beans. Wanted to be farther up hill but the wind wouldn't have worked so I hung back. Just after 7 an old bruiser popped out of the corn where I wanted to be. He made his way to me but took 40 mins to cover 80 yards. He got inside 40 around 7:30 but in the woods at that point I couldn't see him well enough to shoot. After it was dark I got to listen to him walk by right in front of me. Good news is he never knew I was there, bad news is I won't be able to get out again for a few weeks. Good luck to everyone this year!

Couldn't do it. Only doe I had in range last night came out with her fawn. Her fawn still had spots on it. Other ones never came in range. It was any weapon, but I wanted to tag one with the bow to see how my heavy arrow set up does.
I'm right there with you man. Did it once, years ago and had to sit there and listen to the little one bleating for it's mama. Nope...never again. Call me a wuss or whatever...idc. My shot ,my choice. Glad I'm not the only one..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What's going on everyone. I've been out twice so far in MD. I hunt mainly public but have one little piece of private land I have access to. My first hunt was on a new piece of public and I had 3 come in on me before 5pm as I was changing out of my sweat soaked shirt lol. They hung out for an hour but never gave me a great shot. Went out last night on my private piece. Little spot between a corn field and some beans. Wanted to be farther up hill but the wind wouldn't have worked so I hung back. Just after 7 an old bruiser popped out of the corn where I wanted to be. He made his way to me but took 40 mins to cover 80 yards. He got inside 40 around 7:30 but in the woods at that point I couldn't see him well enough to shoot. After it was dark I got to listen to him walk by right in front of me. Good news is he never knew I was there, bad news is I won't be able to get out again for a few weeks. Good luck to everyone this year!
Hopefully he stays around..

Back