• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 10

This is my first year trying archery. I hope to be out opening weekend Oct 1 in southeastern PA with my bow.

Mid Oct I’ll be hunting private for a few days with my muzzleloader in upstate NY.

Peak rut (hopefully) in early Nov I’ll be in upstate PA for a few days again with my bow.

If I still have tags after Thanksgiving, the PA rifle season opens.

I'll be hunting primarily public land with archery tackle (compound and longbow) all season, as usual. I do have a few small (250ish acre) blocks of private I have permission on. I don't have any out of state hunting planned this season.

Hi guys! My season started last Saturday the 10th. Had one sit so far on Friday afternoon. Wasn't situated in the tree for 5 minutes and had a nice fat doe come out of bedding and milled around under me for nearly 45 minutes.Had multiple opportunities to shoot her including once when she was picture perfectly broadside at 20.5 yards in the complete wide open . But alas, I still have venison left from last year so I passed on her and consider her buck bait right now :grin: Don't worry though fellas. I'll put points on the wall before the seasons over. Go team 10!

MI season starts Oct 1. This is usually a crazy work day as every quarter we have something big happening. But this year Oct 1 is a Saturday so I get to hunt the opener. Will be hunting public in SE MI and later around Oct 31 heading south with 2 weeks off. Last year I ended up putting nothing in the freezer as I was letting things walk. I'm overdue!

I'm from Florida and my main archery season starts 10/22 in Zone D, but I keep apply for the quota hunts here for other zones that open earlier but I've not been successful on any of those so far.

Oct 1 Illinois. Private to start till crops are out then its a ghost town. Public afterwards. Itching to get out. Broke my leg last year at beginning of my rutcation, spent rest of the season on couch/crutches.

Way to go! Congratulations.

I think Redsquirrel put one on the board to the other day, so we are off to a good start. I'm ready to get out there and make it happen.

Way to go! Congratulations.

I think Redsquirrel put one on the board to the other day, so we are off to a good start. I'm ready to get out there and make it happen.
Yup, we're currently in the lead 10-7. I was out Saturday AM and almost had us 5 more but the slick head wouldn't take 3 or 4 more steps. I'll either be out with my 5 year old on Saturday evening or by myself Monday AM.

Hey guys. From NJ here. You may have heard of this website I started, saddlehunter.com.

I usually put 4 or 5 deer down every year including at least one buck. 2019 was the only year I haven't shot a mature buck starting in 2010, but I came back strong and shot 2 in 2020. Some of our areas got hit pretty hard by CWD last year so I shot my earn a buck doe and a buck during the rut. Between last year's CWD and having our second child earlier this year I am not participating in the management program that I usually do so my numbers will be down this year. I shot my earn a buck doe last weekend and unless I am in a spot that seems to still have some good deer numbers and I have an itchy trigger finger I will probably let most does walk and just focus on bucks. My 7 year old daughter came out with me once last year and I plan on taking her for a few sits so I will shoot a doe if one walks by when I'm with her. I hunt public land only and I like to move around a lot and try new spots. I enjoy scouting as much as hunting so once I tag out I spend the season scouting out spots to try next year or in late season. There is nothing like the anticipation of hunting a brand new spot. After I tagged out last year I spent most of my scouting time scouting and re-scouting the spots I can hunt close to home in preparation for having more limited hunting time with another baby at home. I'm taking whatever time I can get now in the early season and will probably wait to push my luck starting mid october :).

Good luck this season everyone! Go team 10!

aea0b0d5e779efb1513a19183a02205e.jpg

Hey guys. From NJ here. You may have heard of this website I started, saddlehunter.com.

I usually put 4 or 5 deer down every year including at least one buck. 2019 was the only year I haven't shot a mature buck starting in 2010, but I came back strong and shot 2 in 2020. Some of our areas got hit pretty hard by CWD last year so I shot my earn a buck doe and a buck during the rut. Between last year's CWD and having our second child earlier this year I am not participating in the management program that I usually do so my numbers will be down this year. I shot my earn a buck doe last weekend and unless I am in a spot that seems to still have some good deer numbers and I have an itchy trigger finger I will probably let most does walk and just focus on bucks. My 7 year old daughter came out with me once last year and I plan on taking her for a few sits so I will shoot a doe if one walks by when I'm with her. I hunt public land only and I like to move around a lot and try new spots. I enjoy scouting as much as hunting so once I tag out I spend the season scouting out spots to try next year or in late season. There is nothing like the anticipation of hunting a brand new spot. After I tagged out last year I spent most of my scouting time scouting and re-scouting the spots I can hunt close to home in preparation for having more limited hunting time with another baby at home. I'm taking whatever time I can get now in the early season and will probably wait to push my luck starting mid october :).

Good luck this season everyone! Go team 10!

aea0b0d5e779efb1513a19183a02205e.jpg
Hey, I know what that game is like lol. I'm now starting the phase of "babe, your son wants to go, and then you get a break if I take him. We basically have to take advantage of this!" haha. It's working a little

Back