• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 2 is #1 - 2018 Thread

kelly.jayp

Here is what I summarized as far as states and seasons for our group - looks like most of don't get cranking for another couple of weeks - but we have some long seasons

@Bigterp – 9/7@Bowbender – Kansas – archery season 9/17
@BCHunter – MI – 9/22
@suicyderider – 9/29
@Autumnrider – MS – archery 10/1 + MO hunt during rut
@thwack16 – MS – 10/1 + MO hunt during rut
@Tjraley2 – LA & AL - 10/1
@kelly.jayp – VA - archery 10/6 will try to get out in NC in Sept (opened 9/8)
@vabwhntr - VA - archery 10/6 + hunting WV
@DanO - Michigan 10/1 with doe season 9/22-23
@Dopo87
@Ukenout

Last edited:
will be my first full season on my lease in VA - got it in mid Dec last year after some drama with prior lease partners - and have not had nearly enough time to scout it all during the offseason due to schedules, but did get a couple of 1/4 acre plots put in. It's 300 acres of hardwoods, clear cuts nad planted pines. Lots of ridges and creeks. There is a lot of deer there and the county I'm in has some monsters. I'm 15 min down the road from a lease I had the last 3 years and we had 150's so ya never know! My son had a shot at a 140 during ML season 2 years ago but missed. Last year he dropped a 115" 6 point from the same stand with the same gun, so he almost redeemed himself. My NC property is so new it will be a crapshoot, but there is public right there to go explore as well. Plus I have some bear hunt draws in Oct and Dec. Will be a lot of run n gun sets this year but I like that - will be using WE Stepps w/ a 3 step aider or bolts, and a predator platform and swinging from the Kestrel. Since my properties are all 2-3 hours away I'll be a weekend warrior mostly but will be burning some days off during the week as we get into peak

I'm in Michigan and our season runs 10/1 -> 1/1. We do have a doe only weekend on 9/22 and 9/23.
First year in the saddle - still waiting on my Mantis but finishing up a Sit Drag just in case. Food plots are coming in nicely, can't wait!

I'm in Michigan and our season runs 10/1 -> 1/1. We do have a doe only weekend on 9/22 and 9/23.
First year in the saddle - still waiting on my Mantis but finishing up a Sit Drag just in case. Food plots are coming in nicely, can't wait!
I set up a sit drag as a spare saddle to loan out or when I'm letting my kids use the kestrel - works great for so little

I need to put some deer down quick, baby is due October 28.... so I'm pretty much out for the rut. I'll get us at least 10 points with 2 does.
:openmouth: you have a month at least - hopefully you get back out for the rut a little - congrats on your future SaddleHunter!

Where are you at in Michigan? We will have to meet up for beers after we win this thing :)

Great. Now move back to the 10 yard line..lol.. I got a block target this year. I love it. Best target I have ever had.

Yeah that was 20 & 30, still tryna come up w/ a decent 60 yd group so I can pick my sight tape fit that new spot Hogg. Still just shooting with the sight in tape. I’ll keep it under 30 if I have to......

I've started getting everything together, Hybrid set up is faultless, fanny pack stocked, clothes ready for washing and smoking, Rambo bike and cart ready, spurs sharp, and my bow is a Hoyt (it's always ready).
Going to practice more and really work on my slow, deliberate and quite climb and set up. I'll be using one muddy stick for my platform and spurs to climb.
October 1 can't get here fast enough! !!

Back