• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 4

Whack em and stack em boys! We're on the board with a doe I shot opening morning from the hybrid. Shot a stud of an 8 pointer on Tuesday but unfortunately it won't count for the contest since it was spot and stalk. When does everyones season start?? @Bowhunter05 I know you guys have been open for a couple weeks now. I'm right across the river in NJ, and also hunt in DE.

Y’all forgot me! Just cause I’m a Mod, doesn’t mean I’m not a good guy!!!!

Edit:Nevermind I’m old and blind!

I was forgotten too @fbwguy lol Its all good though! My season has been open for a total of 3 days now! I have 3 Buck tags burning a hole in my pocket and one of them being a managed hunt here in Missouri! Lets put some points on the board boys!

15 OCT for me. What’s the rule on shooting one walking in with your saddle on?

That’s happened the past two seasons. Well I missed last season, but I flung an arrow at one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting to feel like fall! 45 degrees here this morning with a high of 65. Gonna head out this afternoon to try to put another doe on the board and help a buddy try to get one. I can't shoot another buck in NJ until 10/31. Have 2 buck tags in Delaware though and thinking about heading there tomorrow.

Mike checking in from the Great White North!

I am pumped to be in this contest again. The last couple of years have been just awesome meeting some good dudes and getting into all kinds of hunting discussions. I don't give a damn about how many points we score but don't worry, I'll bust my ass to make sure there is something on the other end of my drag rope...

Looking forwards to getting to know you dudes. Have a great hunting season!

1600519377064.png

15 OCT for me. What’s the rule on shooting one walking in with your saddle on?

That’s happened the past two seasons. Well I missed last season, but I flung an arrow at one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it counts, I can enter this guy and put us in the lead! Shot with the jx3 hybrid on my back.IMG_20200915_230819__01__01.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reading that many of you guys are open this early and have multiple tags always makes me scratch my head. I just can't imagine the kind of numbers you guys have in the woods down there. Up here I have two tags, and that is pretty much all I can get (one for the whole province, and one for a specific unit). We have to wait until Oct 1 to start bow hunting.

With that said, I am flying out of Hearst Ont on a moose hunt in a week - so I'm good...

Mike checking in from the Great White North!

I am pumped to be in this contest again. The last couple of years have been just awesome meeting some good dudes and getting into all kinds of hunting discussions. I don't give a damn about how many points we score but don't worry, I'll bust my ass to make sure there is something on the other end of my drag rope...

Looking forwards to getting to know you dudes. Have a great hunting season!

View attachment 34780
I love the McKensie bothers, eh? Only two tags here too. I'm pretty picky early on because of it.

Reactions: MJH
Reading that many of you guys are open this early and have multiple tags always makes me scratch my head. I just can't imagine the kind of numbers you guys have in the woods down there. Up here I have two tags, and that is pretty much all I can get (one for the whole province, and one for a specific unit). We have to wait until Oct 1 to start bow hunting.

With that said, I am flying out of Hearst Ont on a moose hunt in a week - so I'm good...
We have very high deer densities in some areas near me. I hunt one area that has 80+ deer per square mile. Opens early September with unlimited doe tags. Then 20 minutes down the road in the next zone it's around 8-15 deer per square mile, opens around October 1 and only one deer a season can be taken (antlered or anterless).

What are the deer numbers like up there @MJH ? I would imagine just seeing a deer up there is an accomplishment.

Back