• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 7 Thread

Opening day was yesterday...but my the laundry machine bearings crapped out Friday and the brakes on my wife's car started squealing, and my daughter had a Bday party Sat and Sunday,...wife's not feeling well so I am doing dropoffs and pick ups.....so this weekend quickly changed from ×hat I imagined it to be!....so my first sit is on hold till next Friday.....but my cameras are exploding at 1 spot so I'm confident I'll have one as soon as I get out there! Glad to be a part of the competition! Team 7 for the win!

Last edited:
Sweet! My first sit was yesterday as well. Bumped a damned fine buck 60 yds from my tree. The best part of this contest is following along closely with folks seasons that you probably wouldn’t have otherwise.

I got my first sit in yesterday with no deer sightings. Acorns were pretty much already done in the spot I set up so should have gone with instincts and looked for fresher sign.

Let’s get some introductions out of the way. My name is Chuck White and I live in Wisconsin. Our season opened yesterday and goes until end of January with various gun seasons smattered in there. I hunt all public land in Washington, Waukesha, Dodge and Juneau counties and am mostly a weekend warrior hunter. I was on team 7 last year so I guess I don’t even have to change my avatar.

gonna try to paddle in by kayak this afternoon to set up on a lone apple tree along a river. Still working on my first water access deer…

I'm up in Duluth, MN. Weekend warrior mostly, but I am part of the city hunt so can squeeze in some sits in early season since areas are close to home. I can do a max of 4 deer this year, so here's to hoping!
I have yet to shoot something bigger than a 5 point, and since in MN we can only get 1 buck ill try and wait for something decent, until mid-season. I have 2 weeks of PTO but love my work and don't know how to use it...lol. will try to take half days off!

As you can tell. I don't say much on here. Mostly just observe. And learn. I'm 53 and been hunting since 18. Have a few on the wall and kick myself for the ones that I have passed on and that I have just blown it. I love the freedom of the saddle and am hoping that the new 2 panel saddle will bring more comfort to the hunt. But regardless will continue with the saddle.

Central Indiana here. Mostly weekend hunting. Don't have as much vacation time this year so gonna have to make happen on limited time. 4th season in the saddle and upgraded from mantis to a method 2 this year.
Oh yes, this year I switched from a phantom to a method 2! Immensely more comfortable...so hoping I'll sit still better and longer!

Had a big doe at 35 yards broadside tonight. Something was coming off the hill behind me and we both heard it, but she freaked out. Started with soft foot stomps then finally blew a few times and backed slowly out the way she came.

I’m in SC, BTW and archery season opened 9/15. Rifle opens 10/11 and runs till 1/1. We get to kill a bunch of deer so I haven’t even bothered to count the tags, lol. I think I have 4 buck tags and 6 does tags and can get a bonus Buck tag or some such crap. I won’t shoot the 4 bucks so I’m not too concerned about it.

Last edited:
I ended up bagging the plan to take the kayak in this afternoon and sat a marsh edge instead. The acorns were raining down in this spot. Had 2 yearlings come in at 5:45. Given the acorn drop and their early arrival, I had confidence I’d have more action so they got a pass. There are a couple worth waiting for in the area…. Everything went south at 6:45 when a guy walked in on my set (30 minutes before last light), and a nanny started blowing off in the distance. That’s public I guess. Now I have shooters remorse for not putting 5 points on the board for the team since they were both inside 20 yards.

Back