• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 7

MilkWeed

Anyone from team 7 having any luck?
I've been hitting it pretty hard in NE OK. Lots of small bucks and a couple close calls on some shooters but haven't sealed the deal yet. Things are really picking up around here. I'm going to hunt the next couple days hard then the following weekend in some great weather.

Good luck guys!

Milkweed

Just entered another 35 points for Team 7 to give us 50 points. Go get-um.

John

I saw your post John. Nice work!
I got a doe and a 9 pt that need to get pics up for

Awesome Milkweed

Where the hell are these nicknames coming from. Who named you Milkweed and why?
Whatever, keep up the good work.

Haha!! Great question?
I really started taking hunting more serious the last few years. I hunt very hilly terrain. One of the things that has really helped me understand wind and thermals is taking milkweed seeds and letting them fly throughout my hunt. It has been a great teacher to see what really happens when wind hits terrain features. Also has made me learn that a lot of the places I hunt have a VERY low chance of mature buck in now range.

I haven't jumped on the scentlok wagon yet but I am thinking about picking up some in their 50% off sale. Any item in particular you would recommend? I am pretty set with my clothing setups but could probably fit in a mid layer best.
For the majority of my hunts I currently use merino wool, wind proof fleece, primaloft (when cold), and rivers west outer layer.
Is there a layer that would serve function of fleece/wind?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417575391.807419.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417575391.807419.jpg
    578.7 KB · Views: 609
Long story with this one.
I'll try to write it up and put some pretty wild trail cam pics up soon.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417575426.892891.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417575426.892891.jpg
    525 KB · Views: 609
Milk

Great explanation

Scent Lok doesn't make a layer item, but their new Vortex suit is awesome and very affordable. It has a waterproof polyurethane membrane, but the seams aren't sealed so while it's not waterproof, the membrane makes it windproof. It has a deep fleece exterior.

Dam

Forgot to say, awesome job on the deer. Sucks to have one get away and spoil and fortunately it doesn't happen very often. They definitely go to water with certain hits if there's any in the area.

Thanks John. I'll keep an eye out for some year end sales.
I've seen you talk about rivers west material some. Do you use any clothing from them?
I have a few things from them and have been really impressed.

I didn't get to contribute at all this season! Uncle Sam decided to move me to upstate NY in late September so I got a late start on hunting. Honestly, I spent this season just learning the area. I could have shot several small bucks and does but for one reason or another I just never connected. I had a couple opportunities the last 2 weekends of the season at a real good buck, but the stars never aligned. I passed a marginal shot (quartering away pretty hard and at an awkward angle) at 8 yards because he was following a doe right into my shooting lane. 30 seconds later, the wind swirled in the swamp bottom I was hunting. That was the end of that. I ONLY NEEDED 2 MORE STEPS!

I hunted hard and feel 100% confident that I put in the work this season to set myself up for success next year. I learned the area pretty well after spending all my free time over the last 3 months in the woods. I'm ready for next September!!!

No problem from my end G2

I plan on going out Monday to take a doe (hope I remember to take a pic) and am planning a solo hunt in Ohio on public land around Jan. 12 thru 18th. Never been there before but looking forward to it if I get the chance and hope there's a ton of snow down there by then.

John

Back