• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 8 packed up and headed out

Dwaters416

Got the camper all packed up and ready to head to ohio tomorrow. Where taking a family vacation for a week to Delaware state park and going to hunt while I'm there. Hoping to as some points the the score. Wish me luck.

Proverbs 27:17

Re: Team 8 packed up and headed out

Good luck! I had a disappointing rifle opener here in MI last weekend. I'm probably going to retire the saddle for the season and hunt from cover and/or ground blinds the rest of the year. With temps being what they are I might not even bow hunt in the late season this year.

Again, good luck! Hope you put some meat in the freezer!

Good luck and have fun!

Had a great time in Ohio with my family. My mom passed away from ALD January 4 2014. Nov 24th was my parents anniversary and her birthday was nov 28th so my family, my sisters family and Dad packed up and headed to delaware ohio. We hunted Delaware state park. I knew we were going to miss the rut but this was our only week we all could go. We didn't kill anything but my nephew and myself seen several does , small buck and 2 giants just couldn't close the deal on them. I seen the one Tuesday and hunted him the rest of the week seeing him wed and Thursday morning but I believe he found a doe and stayed with her Thursday afternoon and all day Friday. For the first time ever hunting out of NC I think we done good. Even if we didn't kill anything the family time was worth everything in the world.

Proverbs 27:17

Glad you had a great time! It is not always about killing something! :D

Well guys i'm more or less done for the season here in Michigan. Unfortunately I went scoreless and haven't tagged a deer this year. I'll probably only be going out maybe a few more times for the rest of the year for some late season archery, although the odds are significantly stacked against bowhunters after a 2 week rifle season in Michigan. My last hope is a small woodlot near my house that I have access to that is flush with mature oak trees. I'm hoping the deer hammer the abundance of acorns that blanketed the floor of the woodlot this year as the season starts to close out. We shall see...

Good luck to anyone still hunting!

Back