• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 8 ready!!!

I don’t think that counts but congrats on the deer! I hunt on the ground, in tree stands, and saddle so no telling if mine will count either but any deer in a win in my book!

I also will hunt from the ground some. We should find out for sure if wearing a saddle is enough.

We should list where we are from and any out of state hunts we have planned.
I’m from Northfield New Hampshire and have a trip planned to PA at some point for a long weekend of hunting

I am in central NY. Opener is Oct 1st. I have no plans for an out of state hunt,i have never done one. I may travel a little in the state,i will see what happens. This will be my first year on public and i have scouted quite a bit last winter and found some good spots. It looks like acorns are plentiful here again this year which spreads the deer herd out.
I had no cams out this year so no intel on who is around. There was a good buck on my.property last year that i could not catch up with but i learned about his rut travels,so maybe this year.
I have five tags and am confident I will fill at least two,hopefully with bucks. I will shoot the first doe in range to get some freezer meat. Maybe even shoot the second one as well and then go for bucks.

Last year I shot 6 does and never saw a shooter buck. I’ve been too busy to scout much. I lost one property I’ve hunted for years because it’s for sale. The picture above is on public land. He’s no giant but he looks mature. I might shoot him if he walks out on opening day.

I’ll be heading out to some public land today with ag since beans are still green so it’s “any deer tag only” tomorrow morning I’ll be working behind the house to plug a doe if wind behaves

I’ll be heading out to some public land today with ag since beans are still green so it’s “any deer tag only” tomorrow morning I’ll be working behind the house to plug a doe if wind behaves
Bucks should be moving. 2 days ago I had a group of 5 bucks pass by

Back