• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team Johnny 5 is alive!

Let's do this! Where's everybody from? I'm from Kansas. Got some good bucks on camera to go after this year. My tree time is going to be a bit limited with a new addition to the family this last month.
Congrats on the kid! If there is any reason to miss time in the stand, that's it right there. I'm in VA, hunting the foothills of the blue ridge mountains. I've got two bucks on camera this year, one much bigger than the other but both shooters. Really really stoked to get out there in Oct.

Let's do this! Where's everybody from? I'm from Kansas. Got some good bucks on camera to go after this year. My tree time is going to be a bit limited with a new addition to the family this last month.

Yeah congrats buddy! That's awesome.

Im in the greater Nashville TN area and only have access to public land. I am a meat hunter primarily so you know I am good for some 5 point does. I usually get a solid opportunity at a buck every year, the question is can I capitalize on it?!

Hunter stats:

-Home state: Wisconsin
-Majority private with some public
-2+ does
-1+ buck at 8 points or better
-18-21 points earned per season

I’ve been out twice here in Wisconsin on this opening weekend. I had 2 small 8pts at 12 yds last night. Just a couple does this morning. Back out tonight.

Get out there team!

Hunter stats:

-Home state: Wisconsin
-Majority private with some public
-2+ does
-1+ buck at 8 points or better
-18-21 points earned per season

I’ve been out twice here in Wisconsin on this opening weekend. I had 2 small 8pts at 12 yds last night. Just a couple does this morning. Back out tonight.

Get out there team!

Thx for the stats! Reminds me of when I used to collect baseball cards. Maybe a market for Saddlehunter team trading cards? I smell a winner.

My stats:
- usually kill between 6-9 deer per season (like I said im a meat hunter- here in middle Tennessee we have a major overpopulation of deer so I can shoot 3 does per day all season!)
- im usually good for one decent 8 point buck, although last year was the first year I didn't get one (just a spike and does).
- so I should be good to contribute 18 or so points

Coming to you from N Central Ohio. Shot (5) so far this yr on nuisance tags. Videoed a 6 x 7 last night at 15 yrds. We open next Sunday here. I can kill the critters but not smart enough to post pics on here. How cool would it be to swap locations w/team members?? I haven't hunted Kansas or Tenn...

Last edited:
Middle TN here. Been a few years since I’ve participated in the contest but I really enjoyed it. Good to meet and talk with folks and a little extra motivation to get out there. Last contest I put down an 11 pointer (first deer out of a saddle) and a doe. Fall is my busy time with work but I try to take advantage of rains.

Saw 10 deer tonight, all does I believe. Scouted most of the afternoon and decided to set up on some good feed sign (cracked acorn shells and poop). Had all the deer coming in to these oaks, but they all stayed just outside of 40 yards. It was a cool hunt though. Won't be back out till next week for the statewide opener.

Saw 10 deer tonight, all does I believe. Scouted most of the afternoon and decided to set up on some good feed sign (cracked acorn shells and poop). Had all the deer coming in to these oaks, but they all stayed just outside of 40 yards. It was a cool hunt though. Won't be back out till next week for the statewide opener.
Sounds like a fun evening!

Northwest Wisconsin here. Mostly public hunting adjoining farmland, but I do make a couple of trips to the northern forest area. 5 tags this year, so hopefully I will get it done. I work nights, for 7 days on, then 7 days off, so I should have enough time.

Cold front coming through on Wednesday, so excited for that!
c7388292e13f7019e7628cd7abeb2c19.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Back