• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tender length adjustment questions

DMTJAGER

Was wondering what is the simplest most reliable tender to use for the prusik knot for adjusting the length of your tether?
And for you guys who use a mechanical device to adjust your tether length what is considered the safest easiest one to use that does little to no damage to your tether rope and has little to no chance of accidently opening and remaining open and allowing you to expose you to an uncontrolled slip and or come completely off the tether resulting in a fall.

Lastly is the Swabish hitch a better choice for your tether than the Prusik?

Last edited:
Thanks a great deal for the advice and picture.
Have screen shot it and will make use of it.
Thanks again.
Looked at mechanical equivalents but I might be wrong but I personally feel a prusik or swabish knot would be less likely to fail and are more Arthur-proof

Definitely cheaper and less likely to make noise...I have tried a rope man and some other kind and I like the simplicity of the hitch.. Person preference IMO

Back