• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tennessee Classic Traditional Shoot May 5-7

gcr0003

SH Member
I’ve heard about a big shoot in TN every year but haven’t ever been. Is this it? I thought I saw it got canceled in the past year or two because of COVID. Looks like this years is next weekend May 5-7th. Is anyone planning on attending? I’d be curious to hear past experiences and what to expect? I know they’ll be vendors there such as big Jims. I’ve not shot a trad only round before so I’m curious the yardages, plus how many arrows to bring etc.

I havent been but it is supposed to be a great shoot. As far as arrows needed, could be one or it could be a lot, that parts on you. ;)

Not to change the subject but there is also the Howard Hill Classic in Mcalla, AL in June. I’m toying with making that my first foray into this kind of thing (just not crazy about the heat) and am having similar questions. When you go to these types of events is it hard to find a group to shoot with if you are alone? Do most people stay the whole weekend or just the day they shoot? How crowded is the camping? I know that’s probably site specific but just a general idea.

I've been thinking about the Howard Hill classic for several years. Something always seems to get in the way. I did have the same basic questions, though.

Not to change the subject but there is also the Howard Hill Classic in Mcalla, AL in June. I’m toying with making that my first foray into this kind of thing (just not crazy about the heat) and am having similar questions. When you go to these types of events is it hard to find a group to shoot with if you are alone? Do most people stay the whole weekend or just the day they shoot? How crowded is the camping? I know that’s probably site specific but just a general idea.
No problem at all to pair up with a group generally. Havent been to a lot of trad shoots but all that I have been were very friendly.

Maybe this Howard hill shoot is the one I was thinking of. It sounds familiar. Did it use to be in Tennessee too?

Back