• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tether length

Loopwing

SH Member
I discovered something yesterday. This is my first season in a saddle. For some reason I took to it pretty quickly. I have been reading about tether and bridge adjustments making all the difference and have done it and it made a small difference. Well yesterday I discovered that an inch makes a huge difference or the exact position of your girth hitch matters. I got down to cut a couple shooting lanes and when I got back up I moved my platform 180 degrees on the tree. I just happened to raise it an inch higher than I was before. Also my girth hitch was on the other side of a branch. It wasn't comfortable and the hitch kept pulling me to the side. I moved the hitch to directly in level with my eyes and the pivot on the girth in the middle of my body. ALL THE DIFFERENCE in the world! At the end of the day I never felt hip pinch or any other saddle fatigue. Next time you are uncomfortable, mess with your tether and stay for a few more hours.

Back