• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tether rope keeper

Caveman

Hey guys. I saw a video where a guy used something that looked like a rubber ring to hold his tether rope in place instead of a gear tie.

Have ya'll tried this?

What is it that he's using?

Thanks!

Perfect! I will order some today.

Awesome. That's more of what I'm looking for. That flange on the fender washer will keep the rope in place better than a hose washer.
I appreciate the info.

A couple of rubber grommets on the eye is another option, or a Jammy.
View attachment 50059

Yeah, stupid simple and obvious and genius, yet again, [mention]Brocky [/mention]! Never even occurred to me to squeeze the eye. Doesn’t work with my delta link but will work great with no rappel tethers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another super easy way to do this is to add an additional Prusik to your tether just to have on there for whatever reason you want to justify. Back up. Emergency use. Or you can attach a themacell or whatever to it. Up to you. Anyways. Just slide it up to the eye and boom. Done. Duel purpose use and it’s ready for whatever at all times.

Attachments

• FB8D39AE-AE7A-4403-BFCB-D42745E18618.jpeg
    FB8D39AE-AE7A-4403-BFCB-D42745E18618.jpeg
    350 KB · Views: 176
  • B8DB629B-505D-4208-8B82-0A73CE427720.jpeg
    B8DB629B-505D-4208-8B82-0A73CE427720.jpeg
    346 KB · Views: 163
Another super easy way to do this is to add an additional Prusik to your tether just to have on there for whatever reason you want to justify. Back up. Emergency use. Or you can attach a themacell or whatever to it. Up to you. Anyways. Just slide it up to the eye and boom. Done. Duel purpose use and it’s ready for whatever at all times.
Thanks for the info!

I've been using a castration band since it was brought up here 3 years ago. It worked well on my 11mm rope, and also works well on my current 8mm.
cd17425a8a82e74ee5bf6be46587bc25.jpg
b781f12632bdd91093a443609330e5e1.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

You can also just make a girth hitch with your loop when you slide your tag end back through. Cinch it down and it won't move.

I like the castration band idea. Girth hitching works very well but must be done during initial setup. With the castration band, you can either roll it back when moving the tether or roll it forward to lock it in.

Back