• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd "1" stick VS Catalyst Carbon Pro

CooterBrown

SH Member
So who is going to do the first head to head with the Tethrd "1" stick and the Catalyst Carbon Pro

Carbon pro sticks are not in stock, One Sticks were. There was a post on that.

Edit: That thread was locked over politics...not because One Sticks sold out.

Last edited:
Carbon pro sticks are not in stock, One Sticks were. There was a post on that.

Edit: That thread was locked over politics...not because One Sticks sold out.

Yeah, the instant it started to course-correct.

Carbon pros are the only stick I'm excited to see this year. Unless LWCG comes up with a legitimate stand off for their double steps.

I would throw the Timber Ninja carbon stick in there too, for comparisons.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Some good comparisons in this video.

I agree, he has some good videos, including this one.

The main things up for grabs are the performance aspects of the New Carbon Pro design (other than light weight and 4”+ stand-offs) and, what aider options will work with the them as well as what if any will work with the Tethrd ONE sticks.

TN pretty well incorporated their cable aider design, having the flaw shown in the video of being close to the tree but the convenience of in-stick storage, which I still find pretty neat.

I had the TN and did not like them very much. I ended up sending them back. I’m skipping the Tethrd sticks and hope they work some stuff out. I will be trying out the new catalyst and see how that goes.

I'll def wait for reviews before I go near another Catalyst product. I can say of all the countless sticks I've had the GWBs were by far my least favorite

I'll def wait for reviews before I go near another Catalyst product. I can say of all the countless sticks I've had the GWBs were by far my least favorite

I had them make me 20” step to step carbon pros. They were decent sticks. Could definitely use more foot room and I was afraid of dropping them out of the tree.

I had them make me 20” step to step carbon pros. They were decent sticks. Could definitely use more foot room and I was afraid of dropping them out of the tree.

For fear of them breaking or???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their website shows a teaser pic of their new platform. Anyone have an idea when it's coming out?

Catalyst has a stand? Or is it the Timber Ninja that’s been up for a year?

We're going to start hearing alot of feedback here soon on the Tethrd sticks...if Catalyst makes a stick I will deff be trying it.

Just got my One Sticks. Came with one rope missing. But all in all it looks like they fixed a lot of the feedback you can find on youtube. I am curious to see how they feel on a tree with such short stand offs.

Just got my One Sticks. Came with one rope missing. But all in all it looks like they fixed a lot of the feedback you can find on youtube. I am curious to see how they feel on a tree with such short stand offs.
What issues do you believe were fixed?

Back