• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd Mantis

tcmetrohunter

Just ordered my saddle yesterday 10/21. Hoping to get it in the two weeks they say. Would like to get out a few more times this year and possibly see at least one deer.

Just ordered my saddle yesterday 10/21. Hoping to get it in the two weeks they say. Would like to get out a few more times this year and possibly see at least one deer.
Ordered mine on 9/24, got the shipping notice yesterday. It will be right at 30 days. Not bad considering the shipping disclaimer I read when ordering.

Ordered mine on 9/24, got the shipping notice yesterday. It will be right at 30 days. Not bad considering the shipping disclaimer I read when ordering.

I decided to cancel my order today and go with the trophyline ambush lite. Just could fathom waiting that long.

I see. I’ve got a huge learning curve ahead of me with this being my first saddle so I might have to...(ssshhhh)...use a cl***ing stand! I plan on using my next time out to sit at ground level and familiarize myself. Now I have to get serious about sticks!

I tried using a friend's arborist saddle over the weekend on a hunt and found that I really enjoy it more than my hang on stand so I decided to get serious with a real saddle. I currently use lone wolf sticks and really like them. The learning curve is next to nothing and they're quite light.

I had to find a lightweight solution. I was hauling five 4 foot steel climbing stick sections and a lock-on, leaving it, hoping they wouldn’t be stolen. Now I’m seriously intrigued with the one-stick method. 3 or 1, 3 or 1, 3 or 1,...

Might as well spend some time in the climbing area of the forum and on you tube. There are so many options out there it will make your head spin. I bought my sticks when I bought my hang on stand earlier this year. They're so versatile which is why I went with them.

There is so much information here, plus you throw in all the creativity of the members and that results in so many ideas and options. I unfortunately waited too close to hunting season to be an effective saddler hunter... maybe. We can fling arrows until February 28 so maybe I can get settled in.

That's nice your season is that long. Here in MN we're done with the normal season end of the year. I think if you're aggressive in the classified section you can get everything you need pretty quickly except for the saddle itself. I built a platform using a LW seat and it works great so far. I say go for that low hanging fruit and try stuff. Find the combo that works for you.

For example I know I want to add a double top step to one of my sticks to give me that extra space to work around a tree since I found I like my platform even with the top of my highest stick. I will say that my biggest gripe with the LW sticks is that they are not double steps like the muddy pros.

Back