• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd One Stick aider

Bama_Xander

I know they are not even out yet, but is there any info on an aider system with the Tethrd One Stick. I have been looking all over but I can’t find any info. I have been loving my versa aider for my Beast Sticks but unsure if it would work on the Tethrd One stick since it’s square. The Tethrd One Sticks are very expensive but an aider system would make it a little more economical. Any word if the Versa aider will work or if Tethrd is going to have an integrated aider system?

@flinginairos @g2outdoors

It will work. I saw this posted on one of the FB groups. The button doesn't appear to much larger in diameter than regular buttons, just a different shape.
9def755e4b3261711ba3d61cc63fe53c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

When are these coming out?
Also, I’m not familiar with that rope knot/ button system. Is there a YouTube video on it?

I've been curious about these versa aiders. Read a post where a stick manufacturer advised against it for their (cant remember which one) because the button was not designed or tested for climbing and the force you get from the versa aider.

I would think buttons with grade 8 hardware would be good to go. I wonder how this button is attached and what the safety recommendation is from the manufacturer.

I actually had this exact same question. Was hoping to hear from someone who has tested these. I have a rudimentary CAYG aider made from 1” climbing webbing. Works great on the Hawk Heliums. The way the offsets are built into the steps on these new sticks makes it look like it could be harder to use the traditional CAYG aider? It looks like you may not be able to lay it over the top of the stick like you normally would?

The Tethrd guys are smart, though. And I know they’ve probably tested the hell out of these. So there has to be some sort of explanation on aider use.

Back