• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd "One" Stick in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBear

Just go the email and checked availability. Letting everyone know. Who's buying? Not me Screenshot_20210303-164930_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Tethrd doesn’t care about noise IMO. Look how much time and money folks spend quieting down their predator platform out of the box. Doesn’t seem like something they prioritize highly and by all accounts the one sticks are LOUD if you accidentally bump them together! No bueno for me and hopefully a bug they flesh out for gen 2 of these sticks. Would be great when paying this much to get something quiet out of the box!

I’m out on the stand offs. Hopefully they make some changes for gen 2.

Oh I have no doubt they’ll sell like hot cakes but I’m also quite sure lots of gen 1s will be available for cheap if they improve on current weaknesses in gen 2.

What other gear out there comes completely silenced right out of the box? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s lots of gear out there that comes much quieter out of the box than much of the gear Tethrd makes. Off the top of my head - the catalyst carbons, Timber Ninja C1s, the latitude method no-metal, hell a lot of the LWCG stands and sticks have a dampened or quiet metal sound when bumped. In fact, companies are becoming more focused on this aspect but unfortunately Tethrd can’t even make a pack that is quiet. For example, I had to spend time stealth stripping the metal parts on the predator pack to make it quiet (no joke not even a mostly fabric pack from them didn’t need some modification quiet it down - c’mon man!) LOL. My point is that for such expensive a stick I would prefer not having to fork over even more money and adding weight to quiet it down - seems that would come built into the price of the stick.

Last edited:
There’s lots of gear out there that comes much quieter out of the box than much of the gear Tethrd makes. Off the top of my head - the catalyst carbons, Timber Ninja C1s, the latitude method no-metal, hell a lot of the LWCG stands and sticks have a dampened or quiet metal sound when bumped. In fact, companies are becoming more focused on this aspect but unfortunately Tethrd can’t even make a pack that is quiet. For example, I had to spend time stealth stripping the metal parts on the predator pack to make it quiet (no joke not even a mostly fabric pack from them didn’t need some modification to be quiet - c’mon man!) LOL. My point is that for such expensive a stick I would prefer not having to fork over even more money and adding weight to quiet it down.
[/QUOTE]
I used catalyst outdoors carbon pro sticks last year and they made noise also...
I purchased 4 tethrd ONE sticks, every stick will make noise... Beast, Muddy pro, lone wolf, LWCG, Hawk, Leverage and Catalyst carbon pro. I have owned them all , and I’m sure there is some others out there, but until you use a 16 oz. stick you won’t care about the sound issues that every stick has...

I have the predator platform XL and the only mod I made was painted it brown just so it wasn't so shiny, never had issues with it being loud, Its metal so obviously I don't bang it around, the metal buckle can be an issue if your not careful but that applies to every hunting platform not just the predator, its a great platform from my full year of hunting with it, I don't think ill buy the tethrd one sticks because im happy with my lwcg double steps which are also loud as hell if you don't silenced them down

I used catalyst outdoors carbon pro sticks last year and they made noise also...
I purchased 4 tethrd ONE sticks, every stick will make noise... Beast, Muddy pro, lone wolf, LWCG, Hawk, Leverage and Catalyst carbon pro. I have owned them all , and I’m sure there is some others out there, but until you use a 16 oz. stick you won’t care about the sound issues that every stick has...

Im not talking about “no noise” obviously anything can and will make noise if you aren’t careful but by all accounts these are really noisy comparatively if you accidentally bump them together and don’t stealth strip the heck outta them. Spend your money how you want and by all means these might be the cats pajamas/whisper quiet after stealth stripping/filling their hollow cavity but having to fork over additional cash on one of the most expensive sticks on the market and adding weight slightly negating one of the advantages of having the stick is a little disappointing IMO.

I guess the sweatshops in China finally got caught up. Big “No” for me, for all of the reasons mentions above - noise, short stand-off depth, price, cumbersome to pack up (fiddle factor x10), and not American made. I don’t understand how a veteran (Greg) can outsource manufacturing to China. Have some damn pride.

Semper Fi,
Mike
Support American Jobs - Buy American

Last edited:
I guess the sweatshops in China finally got caught up. Big “No” for me, for all of the reasons mentions above - noise, short stand-off depth, price, cumbersome to pack up (fiddle factor x10), and not American made. I don’t understand how a veteran (Greg) can outsource manufacturing to China. Have some damn pride.

Semper Fi,
Mike
Support American Jobs - Buy American

Preach. Plenty of American made companies with better products.

What aider options are there for these sticks? I've tried em all and the only one I like is a versa aider. Not sure the button or whatever it is on these sticks could hold the downward pressure

What aider options are there for these sticks? I've tried em all and the only one I like is a versa aider. Not sure the button or whatever it is on these sticks could hold the downward pressure

It will be interesting to see how high folks are getting with these, and what they are doing to stretch their climbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back