• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd One Sticks Gen 2

Chris_Goetz

I received mine in the mail and have to say I'm very impressed. I did not own the Gen1 but from everything I've read it would seem the concerns of the Gen1 have been addressed with the Gen2.

Specs:
Weight for each stick was 17oz(483g) out of the box. Removing the safety sticker reduced weight by 1/8oz. to 1lb 7/8oz.(479g)
6aa61ee479980951b82e746d98602955.jpg

Removing the rope the stick alone(w/o sticker) weighs 16-3/8oz(465g).
Rope measures 92" long from end to start of fixed loop and weighs 1/2oz(15g).

Mine measured 17.25" step to step vs the listed 17" but it is likely a measuring error on my part - either way I'd prefer longer of shorter. :)

The standoff teeth are very nice and pretty sharp - I drew blood and didn't even notice it. :grin:

Comments:
I'm excited to get to test them out and find a solid aider solution for them.

Last edited:
Mine came in as well and I'd agree with Chris, they exceeded my expectations. Had been running beast sticks but I think they are going to sit this season out. The Tethrd rope attachment with the cleat system is the best on the market IMO. Other than the cost and lack of availability I don't see any issues with the one sticks. I'm honestly surprised it took more than a day for them to sell out again.

Mine came in as well and I'd agree with Chris, they exceeded my expectations. Had been running beast sticks but I think they are going to sit this season out. The Tethrd rope attachment with the cleat system is the best on the market IMO. Other than the cost and lack of availability I don't see any issues with the one sticks. I'm honestly surprised it took more than a day for them to sell out again.

Shoot...if I was sure the step wiggle issue had been fixed, then I would've pulled the trigger on them. Oh well.

Glad you like them and please everyone provide us with a follow up review after you've used them to hunt enough to form a fuller opinion.

Shoot...if I was sure the step wiggle issue had been fixed, then I would've pulled the trigger on them. Oh well.

Glad you like them and please everyone provide us with a follow up review after you've used them to hunt enough to form a fuller opinion.
I have a set on my front porch if you really really want some :)

Just put the other 2 from that pack on the tree and did a climb. No wobble from those two sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hunted last season with the Gen 1’s with no issue. Even one stick climbing and then with an added cam cleat for one stick climbing. Can only guess these will be better. Disclaimer-I’m only 175 lbs

One stick currently at 200.00 shipped.

That’s the price that buyers are agreeing to. Not being set by suppliers…

The one ebay seller is being really lazy and has a stock pic from Tethrd showing all three sticks as their main image, but their auction is only for a single stick. They are going to regret that when the buyer opens up a case claiming they thought it was for three. Can't fix stupid and can't fix lazy.

Seems it hasn't been corrected or you're very unlucky. I'd be sending them back them back for sure.

That’s extremely disheartening. I wanted these things to be great. I’m going to call tomorrow and see what they have to say. Hopefully I just got a lemon with that one stick…

That’s extremely disheartening. I wanted these things to be great. I’m going to call tomorrow and see what they have to say. Hopefully I just got a lemon with that one stick…

sorry this happened, good luck

on another thread, someone told me they can't use bolts with this design because it would crush the tube

couldn't they use a solid bolt with a locking nut and then NOT tighten it down until it crushes the thing? i certainly wouldn't gorilla tighten it.....

if it wobbled on a high strength bolt, i wouldn't be as worried....but something about that hollow roll pin and a wobble.....

sorry this happened, good luck

on another thread, someone told me they can't use bolts with this design because it would crush the tube

couldn't they use a solid bolt with a locking nut and then NOT tighten it down until it crushes the thing? i certainly wouldn't gorilla tighten it.....

if it wobbled on a high strength bolt, i wouldn't be as worried....but something about that hollow roll pin and a wobble.....

There's lots of things they could do. But apparently the most important thing is that they can market it as being a 1 pound stick. That clearly trumps all. And people can't seem to get enough of it.

There's lots of things they could do. But apparently the most important thing is that they can market it as being a 1 pound stick. That clearly trumps all. And people can't seem to get enough of it.

tree ninjas are like 1 pound and a few ounces and they had no issues....i don't know if they are being made still

Back