• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd phantom tree saddle

kidneystones_3000

I own a Aero Hunter Kestrel Flex tree saddle i liked it was really comfortable i wear a size 2 . I have son that is 12 years old and i just recently bought him Phantom tree saddle because of the waist sizes from 28 inches to 40 inches. I know Tetherd made some big improvement when it comes to comfort. I Just order one yesterday 03/31/20 so have 2 weeks to wait. Anyways if owns one and used it feel free share experiences with me good or bad or if you have any advice feel free to share with me thanks

Tons of us have them. Just read through the forums!
I did a search before i post this thread tetherd Phantom Tree saddle reviews and i didnt find that many reviews. Most of posts that i read thier still waiting on thier orders.

I’ve had mine for a while. I tried one stick climbing with it the other day and the difference in comfort really stood out during that test. It’s legit and on a side note the one stick method is easier than I thought.

The belt is the same or similar to the Mantis and other saddle belts. They don’t stay tight and are aggravating to me. I think I would like a wider belt that didn’t come loose.

I have a mantis and recently tried a flex and a phantom. I ordered the phantom. I like the linesmens loop construction and placement, I love the adjustable bridge, and the leg strap attachment points. I didn't find the adjustment channels on the bridge loops to work on either end of their extreme, but worked fine on the center ones, which did change how the saddle felt, so the concept worked. It was slightly more comfortable than my mantis. If comfort was the only factor I would have just stuck with the mantis, but the overall saddle improvements are what sold me.

Edit; After receiving my saddle in the mail I must redact my comment made above, "that the bridge adjustment didn't work on either end of their extreme". The adjustment balls on the bridge loops were only made so that they're are three adjustments, low, middle, and high. The bridge was not designed to allow adjustment outside of that range. My apologies for my ignorance. I should have waited to make my comments after I received the manufacturer's recommendation on safe, and as designed usage. To anyone trying to decide on a Phantom I stand behind all other comments made. I received my Phantom today and will be swinging from it shortly. I will make additional comments on my use of the Phantom as I gain more experience.

As I write this it becomes very clear to me that we all must be very careful in taking at face value the tips, tricks, reviews, and technical specifications on any gear and its usage that are posted here. We must do our own due diligence, because after all it's our ass hanging on it. Again, my apologies.

Last edited:
Ok well i bought for my 12 yr son so it should work out for him. I would of bought a mantis but from what i read it wasn't very comfortable.
1) how much is thier a gap between the tetherd phantom saddle and areo kestral flex? For example a little or alot
2) when you would sit in phantom tree saddle for hunting did start to feel uncomfortable. How comfortable was it you sit for long periods of time?

1) how much is thier a gap regarding being comfortable between the tetherd phantom saddle and areo kestral flex? For example a little or alot

OP if you want to see product reviews they are in the member only section. $15 gets you access to that and direct contact to ask vendors questions too.

Thanks i am just a little worried about spending that much money on a saddle and not being comfortable

Thanks i am just a little worried about spending that much money on a saddle and not being comfortable

I don’t think you have much to worry about. I’ve sat in just about everything and the Phantom is an incredible saddle. I think you’ll like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The phantom is more comfortable than the mantis. So are the recon, flex, kestrel,H2, and jx 3

The phantom is a good choice among many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I absolutely love mine. It’s super easy, very comfortable. I have a 30” waist, zero complaints

I am getting mine today i can't believe how fast areo kestral flex i had to wait like 6 week's

Ordered
Tuesday - 3/31/2020

Shipped
Friday - 4/3/2020

Expected Delivery
Saturday - 4/4/2020

I am getting mine today i can't believe how fast areo kestral flex i had to wait like 6 week's

Ordered
Tuesday - 3/31/2020

Shipped
Friday - 4/3/2020

Expected Delivery
Saturday - 4/4/2020
Areo hunter is all made on site and they are not a huge company. They don't stockpile saddles and they do there best. Tethrd must have a pile of Pathom saddles for immediate shipping and there is just one size. Remember when the Mantis came out the wait was super long . Sometimes long waiting times for products happen.

I agree with you 100% plus they make different products thier whole focus is not on tree saddles. For the record i love my areo hunter kestral flex great product it is a long wait though probably not fault.

Back