• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd Predator platform mods

RJHunter

SH Member
I'm new to this forum, and saddle hunting at that, so apologize if this has already been discussed recently. Been researching saddle hunting for the past year and finally got my gear this week. Very excited to join the saddle hunting family.

I just picked up a predator platform and was looking into recommended mods. Found a few but seemed to be an under discussed topic. Anyone have any mods they recommend making to the platform or just leave it as is? Also, the platform came with an extra antler bracket. Is it recommend I install this 1 vs the 1 that is already installed and why?

I'm new to this forum, and saddle hunting at that, so apologize if this has already been discussed recently. Been researching saddle hunting for the past year and finally got my gear this week. Very excited to join the saddle hunting family.

I just picked up a predator platform and was looking into recommended mods. Found a few but seemed to be an under discussed topic. Anyone have any mods they recommend making to the platform or just leave it as is? Also, the platform came with an extra antler bracket. Is it recommend I install this 1 vs the 1 that is already installed and why?
The black tree bracket that's on it is the new upgraded version not sure why they send the old style with it other than they don't want it either.. The only mods I chose was a cobra weave where the post folds and contacts the platform and I put a furniture pad where the leveling bolt contacts the post. Most prefer the factory strap so I decided to keep it for now so I put stealth strip on the buckle. I painted it EV2 pattern and put a 18inch nite- Ize gear tie on the tree stand off to hang it off my lineman belt while hanging it on the tree. (G2 outdoors idea) also works to hang it off your saddle while climbing if you please.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I replaced the strap on mine with a Lone Wolf strap and painted it. Other than that, I've seen no need for mods.

Only thing I did to mine was add an 1/8" amsteel daisy chain to replace the stock strap. Also like beaston I use a nite-ize so that I can hang it off my saddle or linesman belt when ascending. It works pretty good out of the box though.

I drilled out the pivot bolt hole in the post to accept a 1/2" O.D. plastic bushing then reinserted the pivot bolt in it to eliminate any noise the others have experienced.

Then I did this:

I can't speak to current units, but the buckles on the straps of early gen-2's had some issues with binding.

Had this in my head for a bit. Tried it out today and works great. Just needs some paint.
My primary climbing method is SRT. If I can’t get my throw line in the tree, or it gets stuck, I one stick it with my platform as an alternate method. I also like using the double step on top for stability when shooting.

0B84FF4A-0A6E-4C63-8F15-C88EEFDE321C.jpeg4153229D-CF38-47CE-8854-317253E00890.jpegB55D0A9B-6C3B-4ABD-A069-2CC57834C4CB.jpeg

I painted mine FDE to take the shine out of it. It works but should have painted it a darker color. Also did the cobra weave for the noise and epoxied a piece of sheetmetal (steel) where the adjustment bolt hits the used contact cement to add a piece of leather for noise.

Finally, I made a 1/8" amsteel daisy instead of the stock buckle. At first, the top would pull away from the tree when using the daisy. I learned that you have to do the opposite of the daisy on sticks and keep it loose when first connecting. Then when you set the platform, the daisy is at a sharper angle on the tree which holds everything snug.

I use two squirrel steps from dano on the strap. That allows me to walk around the tree if I should need too

Back