• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd Recliner Gen 2 strap length (cutting down)

Bama_Xander

With all the Gen 2 Recliners going out I thought I would get the discussion going. Who has cut their strap down on their recliner? This strap is HUGE! It has the ability to adjust from both sides, but I slid the strap through to just an inch or so on my left and will just be using the right side to adjust length. This will make strap management easier too. After setting up this way I feel like I have about 3 feet extra of strap. I have a spot marked with tape and after playing with it a few more times, I’m cutting it. Let me know your thoughts and if you have cut the strap and how much have you cut? Thanks!

I wondered how long that would take! I noticed it on the AH when I modded mine, but sold it before I addressed that situation like you did. That will be Gen 3!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

But I would rather have too much strap that I need to cut to length than too short of strap. It's like the compromise between buying commercial and DIY. I still get to mod a little bit.

Would someone be willing to measure the length of the strap that clips into the carabiner on the gen2? DIYing one for fun and curious what length is.
Thanks!

Would someone be willing to measure the length of the strap that clips into the carabiner on the gen2? DIYing one for fun and curious what length is.
Thanks!

Think they said 60”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Measured mine tonight and the strap piece was 78". Plus there is a 4 inch piece of strap on each side that holds the buckles.

Anybody add extra padding to their recliner? Was wearing it high up under my armpits yesterday to lean back into it while I was sitting and it wasn't very comfortable. After sitting I saw that it had left red marks on my lats. Maybe I just need to wear it lower while I sit but was testing out the recliner name :)

Back