• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd roll up pouch

Spence71

I keep seeing videos of folks having one, either a tethered test version or a homemade/Tethrd inspired version. I looked on their site and searched here. Didn’t find anything other than the videos I’ve seen. Anyone have any inside info? Release? Name? How many monies?

Thanks y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not if you’re looking for Tethrd specific, but can refer you to a few people turning these out!! PM if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered. Will be here next week!!!

It’s awesome. However I do have one issue with using it and that has to do with me being a lard butt. So trying to reach the far end straps of a difficult due to them being further back. If you have a sub 32” waist them no issues. For us 40” folks. The saddles a little further back and makes it hard to reach.

That’s a me issue. The pouch is nicer than I expected. And a little surprise in the pouch was a Molle gear hanger strap. (Not pictured).

He was pretty fast and very thorough in making it. I left it up to him as I’m not concerned with matching colors or camo patterns.

That being said my next purchase will prolly be a tx5 that’s more “spacious” than my phantom/mantis

bd04ac0424305d7cc5d3809085356578.jpg
581de7d4b46d2e6a1bcdcb4b1dd0eef6.jpg

It’s awesome. However I do have one issue with using it and that has to do with me being a lard butt. So trying to reach the far end straps of a difficult due to them being further back. If you have a sub 32” waist them no issues. For us 40” folks. The saddles a little further back and makes it hard to reach.

That’s a me issue. The pouch is nicer than I expected. And a little surprise in the pouch was a Molle gear hanger strap. (Not pictured).

He was pretty fast and very thorough in making it. I left it up to him as I’m not concerned with matching colors or camo patterns.

That being said my next purchase will prolly be a tx5 that’s more “spacious” than my phantom/mantis

That looks awesome

I had that same issue being a bigger guy I have the same bag made by sharps what I did is added a shoulder strap and carry it cross body...sooo much nicer now

That looks awesome
Heres a DIY option where another member found the pouch and modded. Then I tried to make as similar as @4090Sharps pouch with limited supplies.

Similar issue for me: I don't like a lot of stuff hanging off my saddle. I use an extra piece of 11mm climbing line I had laying around to make a "belt" for my roll pouch. I simply rotate it around my waist and open it up when I'm ready to climb . Once I'm ready to go, I just rotate it back around and off I go. For me, it works like a champ! This might work for you as well? Good luck and be safe.

I found hanging mine onto my pack works best for me, it's hard for me to reach back to tighten the back strap

I found hanging mine onto my pack works best for me, it's hard for me to reach back to tighten the back strap
How do you reach it if when your pack is on your back and you need to access it? Say like you need to come down for some reason on the climb up etc. Do you slide the pack off your back, grab your rope and quick link etc. from the roll pouch then slide your pack back on or how are you running that. Just curious and intrigued.

Heres a DIY option where another member found the pouch and modded. Then I tried to make as similar as @4090Sharps pouch with limited supplies.
I saw that - they turned out pretty well - I diy'd one from of these that I had laying around: https://www.amazon.com/HRX-Package-...609131540901&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_1
It's rough but useable - didn't do any sewing to clean up where I cut off 3 of the compartments.
I also just ordered one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076HV6HX6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and am going to make a few mods to it....if it's not right I'll prob pay someone to make one -- a member here quoted $75 which is reasonable for the amount of work, but I like tinkering too.

How do you reach it if when your pack is on your back and you need to access it? Say like you need to come down for some reason on the climb up etc. Do you slide the pack off your back, grab your rope and quick link etc. from the roll pouch then slide your pack back on or how are you running that. Just curious and intrigued.
yea i just slide my pack off if i were to need it. i drop the entire rope for ascending and rappelling so it isnt being used while climbing anyway. i find this helps me get to an appropriate height by knowing how much i have left hanging while climbing, and then it gets rolled back up while i hunt

What does he charge to make one of those rope pouches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Dude could you message me and let me know who made this for you I'd like to order one as well this thing is tits!

Back