• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd Skeletors

Hillclimber

Did anyone mention these sticks are awesome? 2 step aider and can comfortably step on the top step. Anybody using these finding out theyre becoming their new favorite stick?

Reactions: CP3
Yeah they're pretty slick. I have resorted to putting them on a sling and deploying them as I go climbing. I got tired of sticks hanging off my saddle and the way these sticks attach makes it easy to deploy on the climb.

Yeah they're pretty slick. I have resorted to putting them on a sling and deploying them as I go climbing. I got tired of sticks hanging off my saddle and the way these sticks attach makes it easy to deploy on the climb.
Could you provide a couple of pics of your setup? Thanks in advance!

about 2:45 in-- I basically do similar to what Average Jack archery does and use a bow sling. However I usually climb with a knaider/swaider so might only use 3 sticks. I do use voile straps to keep things tight during the walk in. On a long walk I may strap the sticks to my pack and detach at the tree, but still climb with the sling.

about 2:45 in-- I basically do similar to what Average Jack archery does and use a bow sling. However I usually climb with a knaider/swaider so might only use 3 sticks. I do use voile straps to keep things tight during the walk in. On a long walk I may strap the sticks to my pack and detach at the tree, but still climb with the sling.
That's a funny video. Tethrd has good quality control!

Hey what's the bolt size for the steps, I'm looking to get some cable aiders. Any body have a length recommendation, as I'm considering 20" bolted above the bottom steps, then flipped over the top steps.

Thoughts and opinions are welcome!

This! Did the same thing! Works great. If anything those jokers are almost too hard to get apart.

Hey what's the bolt size for the steps, I'm looking to get some cable aiders. Any body have a length recommendation, as I'm considering 20" bolted above the bottom steps, then flipped over the top steps.

Thoughts and opinions are welcome!
Note to self:

1/4"dia, 1" shank, locking nut

Cable aiders maybe difficult to stack, too much "tink tink" factor, gonna go amsteel style aider instead.

Note to self:

1/4"dia, 1" shank, locking nut

Cable aiders maybe difficult to stack, too much "tink tink" factor, gonna go amsteel style aider instead.
I added some amsteel 1/8" to my skeletors. I think they were made for Hawk Heliums but they fit into the second hole from the step tip and still work well.

I plan on grinding/sanding the stand off on a angle similar to how the new Beast stick stand offs come now. So the twisting factor is lessened.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I added some amsteel 1/8" to my skeletors. I think they were made for Hawk Heliums but they fit into the second hole from the step tip and still work well.

I plan on grinding/sanding the stand off on a angle similar to how the new Beast stick stand offs come now. So the twisting factor is lessened.

Grinding the standoff teeth? Cool keep me posted on the feel of setting the sticks.

Thanks in advance

I don't know. That's one of my biggest likes of these sticks is how they bite in the tree. I don't think theyre quite as aggressive as a beast stick tho. Them things are sharp!

I don't know. That's one of my biggest likes of these sticks is how they bite in the tree. I don't think theyre quite as aggressive as a beast stick tho. Them things are sharp!
Agree. Like that bite. Gotta be careful with em if you have any mesh on you (ie Sitka Tool Belt laundry bag deal) but, I love how they sink into the tree. I definitely wouldn't do anything to diminish that. The ONLY thing that I wanted to change was adding Stealth strips. Everything else was great out of the box. Not sure I've ever been as happy with a product out of the box honestly. Usually I have to tweak everything to the nth degree.

I too like the bite, and I'm not going to blunt the teeth at all, just put a bevel on the bottom so they slide better when setting them. I marked the one tooth with black marker in this Pic to show what I mean.
11dc4392176b6325f4ee86e28e8d91e9.jpg

I’ve got a set ordered. I’ve got a set of Beast mini’s. It’ll be interesting to see how these compare. Especially for the cost difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back