• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd teach-n-train

Pastorjim

I'm completely new to saddle hunting but I got all my gear collected now. I saw a tethrd teach-n-train session is going to be near where I live. Has anyone ever been to one and are they worth it? I just really need to learn.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Took my wife last year, she tried a few times last year, we are going to use it more this year.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I'm completely new to saddle hunting but I got all my gear collected now. I saw a tethrd teach-n-train session is going to be near where I live. Has anyone ever been to one and are they worth it? I just really need to learn.

What can it hurt to learn from more experienced saddle hunters?!! If you only pick up one thing from them, you’ll be a better hunter. Not sure if there’s a fee, but even so, I’d go! Enjoy.

If you have a chance to go I highly recommend. I just went a couple of weeks ago. Very informative and fun. I was fortunate enough to win a couple raffles. One being the phantom saddle. No joke. Crazy! Bring a bow if you go. They have a one shot shoot out for a saddle as well. Fun people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hosted one last year. If anything go to win free gear and get free food. Probably 75% of the people had never seen let alone sat in a saddle before. It was a lot of basics but you might pick up some tricks. Usually the host and a few helpers have been saddle hunting for a while and you can pick their brain. Even if you don’t have Tethrd gear bring it and might get some advice to perfect your personal system.

Back