• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd to offer Oval Carabiner for the Kong Duck in Future

2Sloe

SH Member
As most already know, the Kong Duck works just like the Ropeman but offers greater flexibility in rope diameter selection. The KD will accept 8-13mm rope, while the Ropeman is only rated for 10-13mm rope (I know people use the Ropemand out of spec, but that a different thread :) ). Tethrd currently includes D carabiners with all of their LBs, tethers, saddle packages etc. The problem is that the KD does not not work well with a standard D shaped carabiner.

So if you want to run a KD and buy a Tethrd LB and tether, on arrival you have three D shaped biners that won’t work with your KD. Since Tethrd also sells the KD, I contacted Them and asked if they would consider offering either an oval or the standard D biner through a drop down menu selection on those website products. The first the response was that the D will work with the KD, but after querying members on the forum and getting feedback from Woodsdog2 I asked Tethrd to check that fitment there. They sent me this photo and acknowledged that the fitment was a little NQR.
5E4CCE28-5ADD-4CFC-8CD9-4E624102EECE.jpeg
The Tethrd Rep said that he would suggest that they add them to the site, and then came back and told me that were already in work. So in the near future you should have the option to get an oval with your Tethrd purchases, which then will work with the KD. Don’t have a date for when they will be available on the site, but whenever it is, it will be a Win/Win for everyone.

Back