• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The bow

Bigfoot522

I'm curious as to which bow you would buy with price not a concern.
It doesn't have to be a new bow, just one that can be found to buy.
This is not a best bow of all time question because just like Indian motorcycles, they say they are awesome but news flash, you can't even do sexual favors to get one.(new)

If you cant buy it without hiring a PI, I don't even want to hear about it.

First choice, second choice.
Not a list of your top 5.
This is a do it all bow.
Hunt/3D, gophers to water buffalo.

Lets have them!

I would go first but the piint of this thread is
to help me narrow down the field.

Thanks!

Hoyts Twin Turbo New. The bow is simply crazy. Fast, good back wall, and smooth. I believe it’s smoother than the rx-7.

Mathews Chill x i loved

Mathews wake. Odd ball but I used to shoot it so well and I can’t shoot worth a darn.

I like the Mathews Heli-M bow. I have had the same one since 2012 and will continue to use it as long as I can get parts. It is compact and lite. I'm definitely not someone who is tempted to buy the latest and greatest each year.

Darton Spectra E brother! Fast, smooth draw, great ATA length of 33" and super easy to tune because of the twin yoke cams, their tuning marks and it holds super well at full draw. Also, the Dual Sync system reduces strain on the limb tips and centers the cables at full draw which in my opinion, is technically another way to skin the cat like Prime just did with their "In-Line" system. Rex developed this same technology in my personal opinion with the self-centering yokes being able to align closer to the drawn string.

I also say the Mathews Heli-M. Heard nothing but good thing about it. Recent compound bows are so heavy, one of the main reason why I'm trying to switch to trad.

Another just for the heck of it is the Mathews Safari because I think the honey cone cams look awesome. Yes, I'm in the minority that think the Geo grid design generation look cool.

I'm curious as to which bow you would buy with price not a concern.
It doesn't have to be a new bow, just one that can be found to buy.
This is not a best bow of all time question because just like Indian motorcycles, they say they are awesome but news flash, you can't even do sexual favors to get one.(new)

If you cant buy it without hiring a PI, I don't even want to hear about it.

First choice, second choice.
Not a list of your top 5.
This is a do it all bow.
Hunt/3D, gophers to water buffalo.

Lets have them!

I would go first but the piint of this thread is
to help me narrow down the field.

Thanks!
Bowtech Solution ss

I also say the Mathews Heli-M. Heard nothing but good thing about it. Recent compound bows are so heavy, one of the main reason why I'm trying to switch to trad.

Another just for the heck of it is the Mathews Safari because I think the honey cone cams look awesome. Yes, I'm in the minority that think the Geo grid design generation look cool.

I've been perusing the new bow market and thought the same thing. A bunch of the new stuff is close to 5lbs, even the carbon fiber 33" Hoyt Twin Turbo (according to MFJJ's video review).

I'll have to check the real weight of my 34" Mathews Legacy, but it spec'd at 4.35lbs, and my Switchback XT, spec'd at 4.25lbs.

I wonder if much of this new stuff is that much heavier or if specs from back in the day stuff are fudged.

The Chill R and the Chill X have the grid risers too. I happen to like them.... they are super light too.

Looking through the latest and greatest selections at the local bow shop over the past few years I have noticed most bows are significantly wider than the Heli-M. I really didn't note the weight since they were new stripped bows without sights, etc. The new bows I have seen have wide limbs.

Elite Kure is a dang good one.

There are times I wish I still had my Mathew z3(same bow as a z7). It was a good deer killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My one brother shoots a Z7. He's got a cross axis quiver from Screamin' Bull. It's a pretty slick setup. They only manufactured these quivers for a handful of bow models.

The Kure is well reviewed, and the Remedy.

My brother has a chill not sure which one, very light and fast.

I was looking at videos and it seems mfgs are making shorter and shorter bows.

I like mid 30s just fine.
Bows used to be much longer and (sarcasm)God only knows how ever could we shoot them out of trees.

I like the look of the bow tech 28. It would be a nice one at 35".

one of the new bowtechs with deadlock tech or elite bows with SET tech, simply due to adjustability/tune-ability

also, the bowtechs with the cams in comfort mode are all super smooth (but not super fast)

edit: i have a bowtech revolt (which has deadlock) and love it, among the current line up, i'd get a solution ss, a solution, or a sr350...and shoot to decide which....the solution ss is a near copy of the revolt i have

Last edited:
My brother has a chill not sure which one, very light and fast.

I was looking at videos and it seems mfgs are making shorter and shorter bows.

I like mid 30s just fine.
Bows used to be much longer and (sarcasm)God only knows how ever could we shoot them out of trees.

I like the look of the bow tech 28. It would be a nice one at 35".
I like the looks of the risers on the new Bowtechs

Back