• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The kids get an extra week of spring break.

IkemanTX

Well, our school district announced an extension of spring break by a minimum of a week. A little over half have canceled out through the end of the month, so I expect ours will as well at some point.

Time to figure out some childcare....

Well, our school district announced an extension of spring break by a minimum of a week. A little over half have canceled out through the end of the month, so I expect ours will as well at some point.

Time to figure out some childcare....

Ours have been on break last week and this coming but all schools in Indiana closed til April 12 now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 week shutdown here in VA, Spring
Break at my county’s local public will make it a total of 3. Parents will be exhausted and baby sitters overwhelmed.

I'm not sure how we're going to handle the situation either.... mine are still to young to leave alone for 8+hours

I feel bad for anyone experiencing troubles from the outbreak
Please be mindful of your hygiene for your families and for others

Ike if ur a TSA that’s one hell of a job to have right now

I feel bad for anyone experiencing troubles from the outbreak
Please be mindful of your hygiene for your families and for others

Ike if ur a TSA that’s one hell of a job to have right now

I’m not TSA, but I’m flight crew. I pass through TSA 200+ times a year.

Be safe man!!! Prayers for you and your family !!

I have about a 100% chance of getting CoVid19 over the next couple months of flying, so we prepared early for self quarantine. Something you have to expect when you contact 1,000+ people a day in confined spaces. Luckily, the three of us are healthy, young, and have no comorbidities to worry about. Netflix, house cleaning, weeding the lawn, and eating through a freezer full of venison, fish, and beef will be in order. I may or may not be eying the neighborhood squirrels too... lol don’t think I can get my wife on board with that though!

I have about a 100% chance of getting CoVid19 over the next couple months of flying, so we prepared early for self quarantine. Something you have to expect when you contact 1,000+ people a day in confined spaces. Luckily, the three of us are healthy, young, and have no comorbidities to worry about. Netflix, house cleaning, weeding the lawn, and eating through a freezer full of venison, fish, and beef will be in order. I may or may not be eying the neighborhood squirrels too... lol don’t think I can get my wife on board with that though!

All good plans! Luckily we have a freezer full of deer, wild hog, and ram

This is ridiculous. Look at the H1N1 outbreak, almost 60,000,000 people infected over 17,000 deaths and the symptoms were much worse. Nobody paniced then because the media went into damage control mode for Obama. When the final stats come out the death rate for Wuhan will be much lower. The population that is being kept home from school will have have near zero reaction from the virus. Most of the people being affected seriously are the elderly and others with underlying conditionss.

I'm not saying we should dismiss this but go about your daily lives, follow sanitary precautions and don't panic. The people that are emptying store shelves as if this were the end of the world need to stop acting like idiots. They are feeding off of the media frenzy and making us all look stupid. I wish nobody will get sick or worse die from this but it can't be totally prevented. So let"s live our lives be a bit more cautious and act like rational intelligent human beings.

Rant over.

2 week shutdown here in VA, Spring
Break at my county’s local public will make it a total of 3. Parents will be exhausted and baby sitters overwhelmed.
Up here in PWC they closed schools till after spring break, so a month off for us. Like a mini summer vacation. At least now there's online learning options. When we were in school no such thing.

Southern Ohio schools are out til April 12 but are already putting in a online learning program so I'm expecting the date to be pushed out further, if they go back at all. Our college is shut down for the entire semester and talk of taking the year off.

These upper management people are absolutely going crazy with this, Rediculous!!! My only guess is there's a way of making free money off the government supplements but I don't know, just a guess.

The power went off here this morning. I started the generator and am operating on backup power. I wonder if this is part of the Coronavirus scare?

Our schools are closed through the first week of April. We voted at church last night to suspend meeting for worship services for two weeks but will stream a service Wednesday and Sunday. Either we will be laughing about overreacting I’m two weeks or it will be bad. The truth is no one knows what is going to happen. Everyone should find some middle ground between buying five years worth of toilet paper and pretending there is nothing wrong.

Our schools are closed through the first week of April. We voted at church last night to suspend meeting for worship services for two weeks but will stream a service Wednesday and Sunday. Either we will be laughing about overreacting I’m two weeks or it will be bad. The truth is no one knows what is going to happen. Everyone should find some middle ground between buying five years worth of toilet paper and pretending there is nothing wrong.
Yup. Our church suspended Sunday services as well and have been streaming.

Yup. Our church suspended Sunday services as well and have been streaming.
I didn’t like voting that way but most of our members are elderly and are dedicated enough that they think if the doors are open they are supposed to be there. It’s not something anyone wants to do.

Back