• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The Mercy Seat

Nutterbuster

SH Member
@kyler1945 was nice enough to cave to my begging and let me borrow the Waldrop Pac Seat he showed me 2 seasons ago.

Guys, I may not be able to make myself climb trees anymore.

Behold!!

It's a pack...

Screenshot_20201108-090800_Gallery.jpg

It's a seat...

Screenshot_20201108-090812_Gallery.jpg

It's a pacseat!

Screenshot_20201108-090750_Gallery.jpg

Loving this little thing. Not the absolute most comfortable thing to sit on, but it's not bad at all. And you cannot possibly get more mobile or stealthy than just shrugging it off and leaning it against a tree and BAM...you're huntin'.

@kyler1945 was nice enough to cave to my begging and let me borrow the Waldrop Pac Seat he showed me 2 seasons ago.

Behold!!

It's a pack...

View attachment 38897

It's a seat...

View attachment 38898

It's a pacseat!

View attachment 38899

Loving this little thing. Not the absolute most comfortable thing to sit on, but it's not bad at all. And you cannot possibly get more mobile or stealthy than just shrugging it off and leaning it against a tree and BAM...you're huntin'.
I have had a similar seat for years that I absolutely love to hunt out of and a couple of times it has ripped and that is actually what got me thread injecting because I could not find another one like it!! It doesn't get more mobile than this!!

So this is what you mean when all you southern guys say to "pack your deer out."

Unfortunately, the only deer we have that size are newborn fawns in May, and you can't hunt them then... :D :p
Yeah, this one was a breeze to pack out. Bigger deer get deboned and thrown in the pack. And I really need a bigger pack.

The south doesn't have size, but we have numbers. We just gotta shoot 3 deer to make one of y'all's!

Yeah, this one was a breeze to pack out. Bigger deer get deboned and thrown in the pack. And I really need a bigger pack.

The south doesn't have size, but we have numbers. We just gotta shoot 3 deer to make one of y'all's!

I'm just messing with you. I wish we had better numbers here. I enjoy the chase and the shot. Everything after is just more work for me...

Oh, yeah. I forgot about the drag or in this case the pack out. I hope I shoot three this size, if I'm downhill from my truck.

I hunted with my Waldrop pacseat the last two days. I love it. Your are right, it doesn't get any more mobile than that. I am sure I won't be able to pack a deer out like that though. The deer are much bigger in Minnesota.

Behold!!

It's a pack...

View attachment 38897

It's a seat...

View attachment 38898

It's a pacseat!

View attachment 38899

Need a link i want one bro

I hunted with my Waldrop pacseat the last two days. I love it. Your are right, it doesn't get any more mobile than that. I am sure I won't be able to pack a deer out like that though. The deer are much bigger in Minnesota.
I think it's more that outside of CWD zones and the metro area, we need to be a bit choosier with our tags. None of that doe a day stuff.

Those seats are nice but if you want a new one you’ll be waiting a while. I’m pretty sure he still makes them one at a time.

That one was probably born in august... lol. His quest for 20 takes no prisoners.

I hear guys talk about their state quotas, and I have to admit, I do get jealous sometimes. Things like 3 buck tags and unlimited does. All I can think is... Are there tons of deer there or no hunters chasing them?

I’m expecting it shipped back with a backstrap and couple pounds of sausage brother!
We can probably work that out. You like sage-heavy breakfast sausage or spicy cajun blends?

That one was probably born in august... lol. His quest for 20 takes no prisoners.
Dang straight! I'm releasing years of frustration built up from hunting an 8 point or better and no-doe club in my youth. I let enough deer walk as a trigger-happy preteen to last a lifetime. Probably literal hundreds of does.

@Robert loper here's that link. https://waldroppacseat.com/

They're great chairs. Too expensive for what they are in my mind, and the wait is at like 6-8 weeks right now, but they're unique and highly functional for the murderin' of deers.

I hear guys talk about their state quotas, and I have to admit, I do get jealous sometimes. Things like 3 buck tags and unlimited does. All I can think is... Are there tons of deer there or no hunters chasing them?
Alabama at least has a lot of deer. Lot of hunters too, but the older and deadlier ones lived through a time when there were literally no deer in a lot of counties. Decades of "If you kill one doe, you kill 13 deer" (not sure on that math, but an old guy I know swears that an average doe will have a dozen fawns in her lifetime and repeats that saying often). Killin does was VERY frowned upon in my youth, and still is looked down upon. But we kinda overdid it, and the state is now begging folks to kill does to rebalance the herd and avoid an overpopulation issue, especially with CWD a possible threat that's much more serious when there is an overabundance of deer.

Lots of deer.

I wouldn’t be too jealous. If you shoot a deer bigger than one to put in your rabbit pouch it’s a lot more work too.

Back