• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The Most Important Preseason Prep

Bama_Xander

Deer season is around the corner. Make sure you take care of the most important pre-season prep item, your Honey-Do list. Get all them house projects done before season arrives so you can go out guilt free. I myself am taking this weekend to work on the nursery of our daughter due this November. Shiplap for days!

EA25280C-F367-4FE6-A39F-6D853B63EB5E.jpeg

I feel for you brother! Hopefully the baby won't be born during the rut......

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Deer season is around the corner. Make sure you take care of the most important pre-season prep item, your Honey-Do list. Get all them house projects done before season arrives so you can go out guilt free. I myself am taking this weekend to work on the nursery of our daughter due this November. Shiplap for days!

View attachment 33834
I call it making deposits in the family time bank account. Gotta make sure there’s plenty to cover the season. One year I had an overdraft. That wasn’t pretty. The overdraft fee was ghastly.

On it! Wall out. LVL in. Slider out....hmmmm running out of time. Kitchen in last week of September season opens October 5th. Cutting it close....floors start tomorrow. Electric done, plumbing done, new windows in today...full time job and this....still need to shoot thirty arrows a day (skippingtoday)...I'm tired... gonna be a good season. I earned it.

Attachments

• 20200906_232230.jpg
    20200906_232230.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 39
I call it making deposits in the family time bank account. Gotta make sure there’s plenty to cover the season. One year I had an overdraft. That wasn’t pretty. The overdraft fee was ghastly.

Good words. It is more than just projects. You also need to get that quality time in with your spouse and children. I made it a point this year to not do any digital map scouting till I was within a month a season. In past years I get started in the summer and its not good on the marriage spending all that time looking at the computer.

On it! Wall out. LVL in. Slider out....hmmmm running out of time. Kitchen in last week of September season opens October 5th. Cutting it close....floors start tomorrow. Electric done, plumbing done, new windows in today...full time job and this....still need to shoot thirty arrows a day (skippingtoday)...I'm tired... gonna be a good season. I earned it.

That's a big project!

Putting those really nice knee pads I got for saddle hunting to work in a new way. Maybe this will help justify their purchase with my beloved.

A little behind schedule on the Reno but still looking good to finish before AL or TN opener. Gotta keep grinding.

1D54AC5C-D4E8-4525-9C6A-177C1A978912.jpeg

Floor finished! Now to all the little task to finish the room (paint baseboards, install quarter round, paint inside window well, install transitions)

D3642000-1CF5-464C-B7F1-AE87A9D41658.jpeg

Back