• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The New Overwatch Outdoors Transformer! My Two Cents

St.CroixArcher

SH Member
Since @JCLINE84 was kind enough to send me a prototype of the new transformer when I reached out for my little saddle demo I thought I would give my two cents on it. Today I decided to go for a hike and climb using it. Let’s address what I am assume is the biggest question everyone has. The leg buckles. I’ll start by saying I’m not a leg strap guy and I was initially turned off by the fact that the female buckle was permanently attached to the saddle but after hiking 1.5 miles today with the leg straps attached the entire time I can say that there they were not a hindrance at all. In fact I never even noticed them. Having the weight of the buckle attached to the saddle instead of hanging around your thigh seems to solve my biggest issue with leg straps and buckles. If I keep them loose they bang on my thighs and if they’re tight they pull as I walk. The next potential issue I had with them was noise. Like I said I hiked 1.5 miles today I also made a 3 move one stick climb using my linesman‘s the whole time and I never had any issues with noise. Never heard them while walking, never hit them with anything while climbing. I should also mention that i put a tethrd OG on one side and a TX-5 on the other and I attached my one stick to the back. Total weight of saddle was 13.5 lbs.
Moving on. The added length of the suspension seemed to help improve comfort. I think the guys on the upper end of the size 1. That 34” to 37” will get the most benefit from it.
The new D-rings are just fine. No real difference that I noticed.
I still think Jamie’s design for keeping the panels where you want them is the best out there and of course the build quality and materials, all of which are sourced in the USA, are top of line.
All in all in my opinion this is the best 2 panel saddle on the market and now that Jamie brought it back in house you know exactly who’s building it.
IMG_0278.jpegIMG_0275.jpegIMG_0276.jpegIMG_0273.jpegIMG_0272.jpeg

I agree with everything the op has posted, I also have the new style from Jamie and this thing is wonderful! Super comfortable, built like a tank, lightweight for how heavy built it is, made in America and you couldn’t ask for a better guy to deal with!

Back