• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The new Trophyline Novix Mini Double Steps

HuumanCreed

SH Member
Ok...I understand they basically listen or watched the way the market was going. They look nice enough and will probably work great. But I don't know if I buy the 'budget friendly' label that they are advertised as. $219.99 for a set? That is not a deal. Guessing they weight almost the same as Hawk minis. I would argue the Hawk are better for the price. I mean if you want to spend that much, might as well get the budget Beast sticks for a little more.

Last edited:
Why did he spend the whole video talking about his modded sticks? Barely even looked at the novix ones that was a weird video for him.

Not a bad price for a USA manufactured stick. Next cheapest USA double steps stick would be the no hole beast stick at 300 for a set of 4. I think they will fill a hole for the guys that don't want to buy china junk. They look sturdy and should last along time. They definitely could of shaved a ounce or two off of those steps though.

Way better options out there for that price point and weight for sure. And Hawk is having a site wide Father’s Day sale also for some savings.

I have Hawks and don't like the small amount of metal between the step pivot hole and edge of stick. I'm really surprised they don't snap off there more.

Thats what makes me uncomfortable about them, if you have them & they work for you great. But that’s one of the reasons I don’t suggest them when folks ask about budget sticks.

I have Hawks and don't like the small amount of metal between the step pivot hole and edge of stick. I'm really surprised they don't snap off there more.

I am glad they are USA made. Im not saying anything bad about the design. They look exactly like EWO, mini Beast, lwcg double, etc, or the up coming XOP double. Its the design people want and request. I understand that. I just dont understand the marketing angle of 'budget friendly' they are trying to push. Its heavier, but also $50 more expensive. Why can't it be the same price as the Novix Mini?

I am glad they are USA made. Im not saying anything bad about the design. They look exactly like EWO, mini Beast, lwcg double, etc, or the up coming XOP double. Its the design people want and request. I understand that. I just dont understand the marketing angle of 'budget friendly' they are trying to push. Its heavier, but also $50 more expensive. Why can't it be the same price as the Novix Mini?

Novix is selling the double step for $219.99.
Single steps are less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way better options out there for that price point and weight for sure. And Hawk is having a site wide Father’s Day sale also for some savings.

I'm seeing Hawk mini-sticks weighing in at 2.5lbs each at $200.99 per 4 (Hawk website).

I'm seeing Trophyline doublestep sticks weiging in at 1.8lb ea at $219.99 per 4 (Trophyline website).

However, I see you can get a set of Hawk sticks at least as low as $126, but the only weight that saves is in your wallet. As I understand, a few users have ended up weightless by going the Hawk route.

I'm not so sure the Trophyline option is all suck.

I'm seeing Hawk mini-sticks weighing in at 2.5lbs each at $200.99 per 4 (Hawk website).

I'm seeing Trophyline doublestep sticks weiging in at 1.8lb ea at $219.99 per 4 (Trophyline website).

However, I see you can get a set of Hawk sticks at least as low as $126, but the only weight that saves is in your wallet. As I understand, a few users have ended up weightless by going the Hawk route.

You can routinely get a 4 pack of the Hawk minis on camofire for $109.

I like the idea of the new TL’s and would definitely buy them over the hawks. In fact, If I didn’t already have 2 sets of lower end sticks, I might get a set. I told myself that I wouldn’t buy anymore sticks unless they were a set of quality ones(probably EWO or Beast).

Hawk lies about its weight like a chubby woman on a dating site. You can't trust their quoted weights of sticks at all.

Not taking up for TL price, I did order 8' of 6061 alum. for a project $39. If I were to make mini sticks

sticks 9.75x4=39
LW versa7x4= 28
LW bracket8x13= 104
EWO double steps8x12=96
total $267
That's with no straps, let's face it, things are a lot more expensive now and looks to get worst.

What is the advantage to these over the API sticks? API sticks you could get for like $80-$100 for the set…..:smilingimp:

8BB85C4F-7017-44EE-A76B-90742D323DFF.jpegA65EEA34-3D1E-48C1-91BF-D82ECA93AD7D.png

I think budget friendly is just their marketing. Like any marketing if you say it enough people start repeating and believing it, i.e. “game changer”. They are budget friendly relative to a lot of sticks currently available.

Is there another US made double step mini stick at this price point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can routinely get a 4 pack of the Hawk minis on camofire for $109.

I like the idea of the new TL’s and would definitely buy them over the hawks. In fact, If I didn’t already have 2 sets of lower end sticks, I might get a set. I told myself that I wouldn’t buy anymore sticks unless they were a set of quality ones(probably EWO or Beast).

You don't have to wait for camofire. 110 is basically the going rate.

Did API stop selling them? I don't see them, even on ebay.
I had been looking for a set for over a year. Never any available for purchase. They list them on bass pro,cabelas. Out of stock. Beast double steps went on sale so bought a stick of aluminum and built my own.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Back