• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The phantasm is born

wayne r

So after going to my local 3D shoot and letting a few mates try out my Kestrel clone they are hooked and we decided or rather they did that I would make them a mesh saddle.
So I actually wanted to have a go as I already had loads of material and set on today.
Q99ZecV.jpg

I cut out a shape in paper and stuck it together so I had a pattern for all three
SRtjuE0.jpg

zLlR9vG.jpg

edged with brown grosgrain.
j0AlinS.jpg

0LPOyNo.jpg

HaYAG2B.jpg

you can see just with the grosgrain how its already holding a cupping shape. I will use maroon seat belt webbing
mDjY8rs.jpg

now I have a question what size cobra buckles do you guys use, my kestrel i used a harness webbing and buckle so this will be my first time using them, regards wayne

Last edited:
It looks nice. I am planning, what I call, a sling seat. These were familiar to me when I was young as a playground swing seat. Do you have any plans to hang it low on your thigh for a proper sitting position?

It looks nice. I am planning, what I call, a sling seat. These were familiar to me when I was young as a playground swing seat. Do you have any plans to hang it low on your thigh for a proper sitting position?

I had planned on it fastening around my waist, I am more of a leaner than a sit person but not sure on my friends they haven't had much time in one only setting mine up for them to try it out,regards wayne

So after going to my local 3D shoot and letting a few mates try out my Kestrel clone they are hooked and we decided or rather they did that I would make them a mesh saddle.
So I actually wanted to have a go as I already had loads of material and set on today.
Q99ZecV.jpg

I cut out a shape in paper and stuck it together so I had a pattern for all three
SRtjuE0.jpg

zLlR9vG.jpg

edged with brown grosgrain.
j0AlinS.jpg

0LPOyNo.jpg

HaYAG2B.jpg

you can see just with the grosgrain how its already holding a cupping shape. I will use maroon seat belt webbing
mDjY8rs.jpg

now I have a question what size cobra buckles do you guys use, my kestrel i used a harness webbing and buckle so this will be my first time using them, regards wayne

Some sweet material, where you come across it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some sweet material, where you come across it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ebay mostly although I think the milspec mesh was from a Uk supplier, I think it’s going to look rather good, regards wayne

Looks great so far! Are you willing to share dimensions of your build?
yes I can post them for people to have a go if they like, I will measure dims and put them on my paper pattern,regards wayne

Managed to do a little tonight till tubular webbing and other material arrives
G hook loops
HDPW2Ip.jpg

stitching them in
FFgFDa7.jpg

clipping the webbing in but I can't stitch as I am waiting on tubular webbing
RdAszml.jpg

more to follow when I get the rest of the parts, you can see though how the webbing wants to take form and when it's fully stitched how the mesh will hold a cupped shape,regards wayne

Last edited:
I found if you search tactical belt on Amazon you get the belt and raptor buckle for less money then what you can get just a buckle for. Just watch the pics for the ratings on the buckles.

I found if you search tactical belt on Amazon you get the belt and raptor buckle for less money then what you can get just a buckle for. Just watch the pics for the ratings on the buckles.
I got some genuine ones from a tactical stores here in the uk didn't want to risk getting a copy that didn't work, I have to sit on my hands now till all the parts arrive, gutted

Yeah be careful buying those belts of Amazon. The buckles are not Raptor branded. I'm not saying they are not all made in the exact same factory because they very well may be. Just a word of caution is all I am saying.

Yeah be careful buying those belts of Amazon. The buckles are not Raptor branded. I'm not saying they are not all made in the exact same factory because they very well may be. Just a word of caution is all I am saying.
I hear you but when the forces are stamped right into the aluminum of the buckle. Not sure if any of you have ever paid attention to it or what your this are.
This is a belt set for 21$. Is it to good to be true?
5b854dbb94f75724a1ccac40ba30b049.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

They turned up this morning now i need the tubular webbing and delrin balls to turn up so i can get cracking
xrinP42.jpg

Nice piece of kit very slick
VdprLGe.jpg

Last edited:
Alrighty then bits arrived just missing delrin balls lol, anyhoo progress tonight
Y8mRdtc.jpg

SAqY7z1.jpg

real pleased with the tubular webbing
wp8HN3M.jpg

HOaCRSL.jpg

l203WyH.jpg

getting there now all coming together nicely,regards wayne

Following, I'm starting to get inspired here. I have a vintage Japanese made Morse TZ50 that I've been playing around with some DIY saddle acc. bags on. Great stuff @wayne r

Back