• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The podium

BigAl

Any podium users out there? I just received mine.....so far I think it's great. Any guys got alot time and use in theirs?.......Thoughts?

Used mine last season and it works fine for me, 1 thing I found when putting it on the tree is keep the strap level then cam it over pick it back up give the strap a jerk to tighten and cam it back over. If the strap isn't level it seems to want to lift itself up.

I used mine all of last season without issue. I did a zip tie on one side just to tighten the loop and keep it from slipping while hanging the Podium. That's the only thing I felt like I needed to change.

I used mine all last season without issues. I just zip tied one loop as mentioned above. Looking forward to getting it on a tree in October.

Used it a few times before I had to cut my season short last year. I also secured one side of the strap's loop. It doesn't attach to my pack as well as I'd like. I'm looking forward to putting some hours in with it this year.

I used mine ~ 40 times last year, worked great. Like others said, I used a cable tie on one side to keep secured. The one negative is that is does fold as flat as I would like. A flatter, lower profile design would help packing and make it easier to remove from your pack. I used stealth strips to silent the carry and install.

This year I bought the Scout for short sits in the morning before work. I also added the LWCG cable aiders. I can get ~ 17 feet with three sticks with aiders.

I think a CAYS pack from trophyline is what I'm looking at for carrying if I can purchase one when available.

i used my podiums pretty extensively last year. I also used a ridge runner and a predator. podium worked well. I had 4 for presets. I am going to just use The last one i have for practice at home. Sold the other 3. The RR and the predator are more of my goto platform. the predator packs well.

What would be the main difference in the RR to a podium? I think that the podium would be a better choice for foot warmers.

I had a spot that I had to walk thru knee high water to get to, my rubber boots squeeked when I fist go on the podium. Had to dry the boots with a towel. Very comfortable platform.

Back