• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Thought i knew what i wanted.

Millerclan

Got my bonus check from a seasonal job and wife said buy a saddle. Was gonna get a mantis then found the h2 saddles. Anyone from the great state of minnesota have one of either i could try? Live in west central mn but will be traveling to the cities in couple weeks for work.

Got my bonus check from a seasonal job and wife said buy a saddle. Was gonna get a mantis then found the h2 saddles. Anyone from the great state of minnesota have one of either i could try? Live in west central mn but will be traveling to the cities in couple weeks for work.

Get the mantis... the H2 saddle is not rated above ground level. I know it is a formality, but it still kinda sways my vote.

Also, several people have let on that a few brands of saddle manufacturers will be showing off new gear at the ATA show, so you might hold off just long enough to see if that changes your mind or not.

................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

Can’t go wrong with H2. He has a generous return policy if you want to try one out and can’t find one locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send me a message, I live in west central MN and may be able to meet up to let you try mine out

No worries. Thought the same thing
Sorry guys, but these conclusions are completely false. The Tactisaddle is actually a more advanced saddle, despite the look, and will likely only be understood and appreciated by guys with lots of tree time in others who know exactly how to tweak all options to fit properly. The H2, Flex, and Treehopper are better options for newbies.

Personally my vote would be for a kestrel straight out of the gate as your first saddle. Super simple, easy adjustments, and comfy with very little fuss. The H2 is similar, but the depth of the seat(length from waist to back of legs) feels shorter and more wanting to ride up when I tried it on. You had the right thought process, get with someone local if you can and try some different options. Good luck, enjoy!

Sorry guys, but these conclusions are completely false. The Tactisaddle is actually a more advanced saddle, despite the look, and will likely only be understood and appreciated by guys with lots of tree time in others who know exactly how to tweak all options to fit properly. The H2, Flex, and Treehopper are better options for newbies.

What can be done about the look because that’s the first thing people balk at when they see it. Would lining the backside with some material compromise what’s going on with the straps? I’m talking purely cosmetic material, maybe even something stretchy/flexible and not load bearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TACTISADDLE ORIGINAL
Price: $189.99
To me that's a $190.00 rock harness
Is that better or worse than a $200 sitdrag?

All of these saddles we are paying for low-to-moderate volume sewing competence.

Is that better or worse than a $200 sitdrag?

All of these saddles we are paying for low-to-moderate volume sewing competence.
You have a good point. I can't argue with that. Must saddles appear to be an advanced improvement of the sitdrag. Although I do agree with @iamcorey , the G-string design, is what stands out the most. *End quote...* And like it or not, peer review, is what the designer needs to hear. Telling the truth is harder than just lying to not hurt someone's feeling.

Sitting on those thin straps would make my rock climbing harness seem like a lounge chair.

Sitting on those thin straps would make my rock climbing harness seem like a lounge chair.
I thought so too until I sat in one last week. There is more than meets the eye going on with it and those g-string straps do not even make contact and have slack in them in use. It allows for unlimited adjustment, so the pressure points can be avoided and changed during a sit. Outside of the Anderson style with 4 straps, the 2 straps are holding most of your weight on a TL, T, or AH, with the mesh being a filler taking on minimal weight. @DaveT1963 keeps saying it right...it all comes down to just a couple of straps and where you put them!

Back