• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

THP and Saddle Hunting

To restate a post I saw somewhere not too long ago... "Saddle hunting...it's what all the cool kids are doing." :)

I was thinking he’s about to shoot one from the saddle, and then they climb down and sit in the brush and he slocked the big one. I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Man, those guys make a lot of noise and still get deer walking in. I'm afraid of clearing my throat when I"m sitting in a tree stand.
I take my wife deer hunting a few times a year, she had been a half a dozen times before we started dating. The first couple years she told me I moved to much and make to much noise. I just laugh at her. Last year the light bulb went off for her and she said, "I guess you have been doing this long enough that you know what you can get away with and what you can't". Bingo, honey. She had always been under the impression that you had to be motionless I guess. I still laugh at her about that.

I talked to Ted right after he killed that deer and he said he was never so nervous! I love the fact that every deer is everyone’s deer - even mine - so he got a tune recorded immediately (which backs the b roll!). What a hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool that they were willing to risk the mid-hunt move & it worked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back