• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Throwline and bag weight of choice

Outdoorsman33

Just curious for you guys using thrown line and a bag what’s your preferred line and bag weight? To me the heavier the better but not too heavy. Currently using Para cord and probably a 1.5lb lead weight that gets pretty dangerous well throwing and pulling out of trees.

i picked up at 10oz throw ball from another user on here, and i picked up at the local hardware store a 50ft section of 80lb test plumb line for like $2. Before i got the throw ball, i just used a heavy socket, i think it was a 14mm. i dont use it often, more to cut limbs with my pocket chainsaw than to climb, but it works well for that

i picked up at 10oz throw ball from another user on here, and i picked up at the local hardware store a 50ft section of 80lb test plumb line for like $2. Before i got the throw ball, i just used a heavy socket, i think it was a 14mm. i dont use it often, more to cut limbs with my pocket chainsaw than to climb, but it works well for that
How often are you using that line?

How often are you using that line?
like i said, i dont use it often. its got more use from trimming branches in my yard than for hunting purposes. its held up pretty well though. its cheap enough to where i can get more anytime i need too, at $2 a pop. the only time ive had to cut it was when i got the socket wrapped around a branch.

with a smaller and smoother line than paracord, it doesnt take much weight, and easier to throw

Yea I’m finding out Paracord works good if you have a Forest floor with no twigs whatsoever and have the perfect tree. But now I’m finding wesspur is out of stock on a lot of items too. Are you guys carrying your bag and line on your at all times and if you are how are you storing and how small is the line once it’s been wrapped up? My paracord is about half a bottle of water at smallest at only maybe 30-40 feet.

Love Teufelberger Dynaglide. Used to use Samson Zingit 2.2mm, also nice stuff but Dynaglide works well with light bags. I still use a 12oz with it but a 10 would probably work.

Search around this guy’s eBay store, it’s not advertised as such, but there’s a bunch of short pieces of Teufelberger stuff. Bought Dynaglide and Fly climbing rope from them.

Yea I’m finding out Paracord works good if you have a Forest floor with no twigs whatsoever and have the perfect tree. But now I’m finding wesspur is out of stock on a lot of items too. Are you guys carrying your bag and line on your at all times and if you are how are you storing and how small is the line once it’s been wrapped up? My paracord is about half a bottle of water at smallest at only maybe 30-40 feet.

I store mine in a wesspur throwline cube. I keep that cube with my line and throwbag and a spool of paracord in my backpack at all times.

I just have a little pouch thing it all fits into, cinch that shut and keep it in my bag

Another vote for dynaglide and a 12oz bag. I don't think i could get a heavier bad over 30' accurately. I carry it with me all the time,no big deal.

Also Dynaglide here with 14oz bag. I like the heavier bag personally.

Teufelberger dynaglide. Just try it once. DanO has it by the foot too...something I was unaware of when I swapped

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back