• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Timber ninja new saddle

Slowclimb53

Anyone on here tried timber ninja new saddle. I’ve watched a video on it.I have seen the padded areas and tough looking foam that makes it up and looks more like it benefit more of a leaning style of saddle hunting. Just wandered if anyone personally has tried it.? I don’t doubt the quality of the saddle,just wandered if anyone had the inside scoop.

I have not even heard of this one. who makes it? Id timber ninja the company that makes it or the saddle model?

Looks comfy on your back but is there any padding for your legs? are two panel saddles more comfortable or reduce hip pinch? Most saddles have two rows of molly webbing and I could see it being a benefit when it's just below another row but what would you hang from the lower portion that rides under your legs?

I have not even heard of this one. who makes it? Id timber ninja the company that makes it or the saddle model?
Timber Ninja Black Belt saddle. Same company that makes carbon fiber climbing sticks.

the bridge with all sewing is pretty slick.....might get arbsession to mix me up a edelrid swift rope with a bigger eye and try it with a dynamic rope

Here's a product rundown:

I'm not into 2 panel saddles, but I think the padding is a good idea.

Anyone planning on buying one? It does seem to be different...

Are they actually shipping any saddles or sticks? Says 4-7 weeks for sticks and 4-6 weeks for the saddle. Is that a legit lead time, or just more of the same pre-sale hooplah? I guess my questions is, did anyone order from them 4-6 weeks ago and has since received their gear?

Are they actually shipping any saddles or sticks? Says 4-7 weeks for sticks and 4-6 weeks for the saddle. Is that a legit lead time, or just more of the same pre-sale hooplah? I guess my questions is, did anyone order from them 4-6 weeks ago and has since received their gear?
I ordered sticks last year and it was a few weeks wait time. I can’t answer the same about the saddle this year though. You can just call or email and I’m sure he will respond better than any other person on this forum.

I ordered sticks last year and it was a few weeks wait time. I can’t answer the same about the saddle this year though. You can just call or email and I’m sure he will respond better than any other person on this forum.
He is very good at responding. I know they have been working on the saddle and other items for quite a while.

That YouTube video is only 12 days old, that makes me think it'll be at least 4-6 and it is labeled pre-order. I just found about this saddle from this thread, when did they , uh debut, the saddle?

I believe at the ATA but it just popped up as an email last week

That YouTube video is only 12 days old, that makes me think it'll be at least 4-6 and it is labeled pre-order. I just found about this saddle from this thread, when did they , uh debut, the saddle?

It was at ATA and they're now launching the saddle.

From TN:

"This is a Pre-Order which our supplier expects to deliver in 5 weeks or less. We will be issuing orders every week to try to stay ahead of the curve. Thank you for Supporting American Made Products."

The supplier is a manufacturer of fall protection harnesses.

If you're thinking of pulling the trigger on one, they were sending a 20% discount code to their mailing list.

I'm ok with plastic, I'm not sure how seriously I'm considering buying it. I'm definitely intrigued and want to try a two panel... But I'm not sure I am want to spend the money

It's a rated metal buckle on the wiast. See video at about 2:30.
I know his detail to safety is impeccable. his regular job is safety consultant. He has allot of rock climbing knowledge too. He has been using a third party test lab for all his testing so it doesn’t look padded or doctored or bias.

Back