• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Timber ninja outdoors

Cgpro21

Just saw a video posted by timber ninja outdoors of their sticks with an internal cable aider. Seem like a pretty cool concept.

Just saw a video posted by timber ninja outdoors of their sticks with an internal cable aider. Seem like a pretty cool concept.
Those boys are doing good stuff. I've talked to a few folks who have used the carbon sticks and have nothing but good to say.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Man it doesn’t look like there is much foot room from step to tree. He is barely getting his toes on there.

It has to stick out of the bottom to get a 17+ inch step from the aider to the bottom step. At that point it's not much more compact than putting the cable aider on a bolt at the bottom of the stick and folding up towards the top of the stick. I could also see the cable aider loops hanging on brush. I do like the sticks though. I either be getting a set of these or the Catalyst carbon sticks.

Man it doesn’t look like there is much foot room from step to tree. He is barely getting his toes on there.

I use heliums and always do a duck walk type step where I put the step center of my foot but then angle the foot outward so that the side of my big toe rests on the tree. With both feet on the stick with double steps and leaning back in the lineman's belt, it is very comfortable and stable.

Last edited:
I see a couple of advantages, if you're a multipal stick + aider guy:
1. I would assume the aider doesnt blow in wind and has a more natural look to it
2. You dont have to spin, twist, untangle or pull an aider out of your bag. Just pull it out of the bottom, even after the stick is mounted
3. The coated aider coupled with the carbon is gonna be either quiter or at least not metal on metal sounding.
4. Considering its a round small diameter cable, I think it being closer to the tree is advantageous. Its going to "pull" your foot into the tree, albeit slightly, and find the center of your foot much easier than a webbing aider.

These are slick. My suggestion to them would be to make the length adjustable by the user or custom-orderable. For instance, a lot of guys might want a 17 inch stick (or whatever) for packability but can step farther than that. Of course, if your aider is longer than your stick, it means you'll definitely have some aider sticking out once you slide them in. I'd probably want at least a 22" step from the aider to bottom step.

Definitely cool!

- Not blowing in the wind makes it cool

- Less rope flapping around when you pack up makes it cool

- Fishing your foot around much higher up and closer to the bottom step and then lowering your foot down until it reaches the bottom is safer in the dark and more safer makes it cool.

Very cool. My concern would be does the retractability hold up over time?

U gues are funny sometimes......researching the lightest way to attatch stick...webbing, amsteel, daisy chain, even smaller amsteel..etc...then I see all the aiders made outta the same stuff super lightweight..

The somebody adds a heavy metal wire and its cool....

Not saying its bad or singling anyone out....I just get a laugh

Back